FUE/DHI Hair transplant progression log - Elithair Dr. Balwi | Updated frequently

SeanT1

Two years later!
I'm happy that the transplant was a success and I have not noticed any further hairloss or loss of the transplant thanks to finasteride.  I don't think there is need for any future updates since the transplant has survived this long, I'll definitely post an update if anything changes.

Best of luck to everyone with their hair transplant journeys, I hope it helps you find happiness! ❤️

(Apologies for untidy hair in photos! A little bit of hairspray and everything is in place.)

24 months post operation:

image.png.84eb1ef93cf941e20adcd226961f07fc.png

image.png.cf8c66bb6b14e48505eeac9f50635f8e.png

image.png.6480c2bd63a53f873a899b1233dba1ed.png

image.png.aa66ca6064d1a273843743ed2edff702.png

image.png.09392c7c786a872b0f627614c0779070.png

image.png.7a952d6f805b19371efad2766170736e.png

image.png.0ba513539a6b7271ea52427d9963d7bb.png

image.png.2a31c6fbf12bb9d4534a3d0c01f5d1fd.png

image.png.d26c31d6af6e4d25894bdb1e5f24c170.png

Edited by SeanToman
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

May I ask where you got the SMP done? Only in the donor area? I have dirty blonde hair... is SMP not recommended for hair like mine? I dont think I have a problem though. Just fresh out from Hairtransplant and happy with the whole thing so far. Donor area looks okay. Just thinking for the future... 

Like where do you get the SMP and is this expensive?

On 10/7/2023 at 9:43 PM, alexmillne said:

May I ask where you got the SMP done? Only in the donor area? I have dirty blonde hair... is SMP not recommended for hair like mine? I dont think I have a problem though. Just fresh out from Hairtransplant and happy with the whole thing so far. Donor area looks okay. Just thinking for the future... 

Like where do you get the SMP and is this expensive?

Hi, I got it with 'Dot Micro' in Northern Ireland.
I did not get my donor done (hoping to after a second transplant).  Instead, I got my crown/top scalp up to the hairline SMP.

1 hour ago, SeanToman said:

Hi, I got it with 'Dot Micro' in Northern Ireland.
I did not get my donor done (hoping to after a second transplant).  Instead, I got my crown/top scalp up to the hairline SMP.

We live in different countries, yet im curious. How much did it cost you to do all the SMP down there? Also, do you know how much donor you have left?

On 10/9/2023 at 9:32 PM, alexmillne said:

We live in different countries, yet im curious. How much did it cost you to do all the SMP down there? Also, do you know how much donor you have left?

I'm not entirely sure how much donor is left, I've always had thin hair so I imagine less can be extracted than most. 
Eugenix thinks I could have another 1500 grafts extracted if I wanted to increase hairline density as well as improve temple work. :)

There are some older pictures here of the donor when the hair is grown a longer length.

Edited by SeanToman

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the 2 year update! The first few images seem a little lacking in density but the later pics look pristine which shows how much lighting matters.

Please let us know if you do another pass, though with the donor issues you've described it might make more sense to try things like PRP first.

I'm in a similar situation as well and looked similar to you at 6 months. Makes me wonder if I should have done strip over FUE.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2023 at 7:43 PM, consequence said:

Thank you for the 2 year update! The first few images seem a little lacking in density but the later pics look pristine which shows how much lighting matters.

Please let us know if you do another pass, though with the donor issues you've described it might make more sense to try things like PRP first.

I'm in a similar situation as well and looked similar to you at 6 months. Makes me wonder if I should have done strip over FUE.

Well, I've been approved for 1800 grafts (second transplant) with Eugenix, going to have that next year. :)

Best of luck sir, keep me updated with your progress!

• 3 months later...
On 12/18/2023 at 7:36 PM, SeanToman said:

Well, I've been approved for 1800 grafts (second transplant) with Eugenix, going to have that next year. :)

Best of luck sir, keep me updated with your progress!

Update; I'm actually proceeding with Dr. Turan instead for a non-shaven 2000 graft procedure. 

I have confidence in Eugenix as a company, but unfortunately I did not financially prepare for the additional 20% VAT costs as well as the additional 20% required for non-shaven.

I'll create a new thread regarding my second transplant journey as it happens.
Surgery date; 9th April 2024.

Exciting!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Good luck with the next procedure. I'm looking forward to seeing the updates.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.