Dr. Pittella • Norwood 4, Fine Hair, Young Patient: SOLVED

• Administrators

Wow impressive comb through fantastic results, do you find that your patients react well to oral minoxidil? Do you recommend topical finasteride at all to your patients?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Nice results! Would be happy my 1st HT results be like this one :)

I never used any medication, i see many here talks so easy about taking medications, like Finasterid, Minoxidil, is at all possible at pharmacy get these medications without some receipt by doctor?

Have hairloss last 6y, and more agressive last 3-4y, i'm 37 years, and will do ASAP my 1st HT, but frankly sepaking was afraid to take some medications for stoping hairloss , cause of possible contraindications, but see here even many doctors suggest it so easy, at consultation by Eugenix clinics, they suggested Finasteride 1mg, but in consultation by Dermatologists/Doctor.

So is better to consult first some of doctors who perform HT/Dermatologist before start with these medications... As some here some cases, where Finasteride, Minoxidil helped, some people and some not, no rules, some had contraindications, some not, etc. Would be nice hear doctor's opinion.

13 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Wow impressive comb through fantastic results, do you find that your patients react well to oral minoxidil? Do you recommend topical finasteride at all to your patients?

2.5mg minoxidil mid may rarely cause side effects, but the pacient needs to be aware that it should be interrupted if any side effects is noticed. I do not recommend 5-ARI (finasteride etc), not even topical or mesoterapy. 

• Like 2

• Melvin- Admin changed the title to Dr. Pittella • Norwood 4, Fine Hair, Young Patient: SOLVED