FUE - Choosing the right clinic

JD34

Long time lurker, first time poster here!

Have been putting off a HT for the past 1-2 years. Was close to getting one two years ago, but kept reading and hearing that without Fin that the results wouldn't be guaranteed. The idea of being locked into taking a pill for the next 30+yrs seemed a bit concerning. However, after finding this site and reading quite a bit of reviews and talking to a few clinics it would seem as if Fin is preferred but not necessarily required, so hence I am starting to get serious about making the plunge. I have done minox off and on and no side effects with it, it would be willing to go back on it with no problem.

I wouldn't say cost is a concern per say as the most important thing to me at the end of the day is a great result. However, I am seeing some great results overseas and am ok to travel abroad for HT. I got a few quotes from US clinics - and they seem conservative, only recommending 2,300 grafts in one sitting, and sometimes suggesting 2-3 procedures. 

Currently age: 36, NW5, I live in the Midwest US. Don't need an aggressive hairline but would like to fill in front/middle and am ok doing a 2nd procedure for crown later on.  

So far here is my list, please help me decide if I should add others to the list or comments on ones I mention below...

HLC - I like the idea of stick/place and doctors performing the work, also I like that they take beard plugs - (I have good density along the neckline)

H&W - Got an initial consultation and their price for FUE is quite a bit more, I get the feeling they would want me to go the FUT route, which I would prefer FUE

Dr. Bicer - I just discovered her today on this forum, still need to do some research. Curious to compare her results from manual vs machine FUE, quite a bit difference in price

I would love to get it done here by DEC/JAN so I can wait out the ugly duckling phase in the winter months here in Midwest and hopefully by spring/summer when my work travel and activities pick up my appearance won't be so bad. It would appear most clinics are starting to book out until March from what I can tell. 

TIA -

• Administrators

Some very different clinics. Not many clinics can compete with H&W they mostly perform FUE now. Bicer is an amazing alternative with a low price. I don’t know enough about HLC to recommend them, but seem to be doing good work from what I’ve seen. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you @Melvin- Moderator

Current photos attached, safe to say as it gets thinner on top that I will be completely bald from front to crown in 5yrs is my guess. 

If I am willing to pay H&W pricing, I might as well start considering US clinics. Any in US this board highly recommends? Safe to say I will need 4-5K grafts, plus an additional procedure for crown later

Eugenix seems to be good for higher NW patients from what I can tell...wouldn't be thrilled about traveling to India but i should probably leave no stone unturned at this point. 

IMG_5656.thumb.jpg.38dedc80e439b8d8b2f3af7526dc8803.jpg

Edited by JD34

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, JD34 said:

Thank you @Melvin- Moderator

Current photos attached, safe to say as it gets thinner on top that I will be completely bald from front to crown in 5yrs is my guess. 

If I am willing to pay H&W pricing, I might as well start considering US clinics. Any in US this board highly recommends? Safe to say I will need 4-5K grafts, plus an additional procedure for crown later

Eugenix seems to be good for higher NW patients from what I can tell...wouldn't be thrilled about traveling to India but i should probably leave no stone unturned at this point. 

IMG_5656.thumb.jpg.38dedc80e439b8d8b2f3af7526dc8803.jpg

Eugenix is definitely worth considering. I would say H&W are the equivalent to Eugenix for high Norwoods. Those are the top two clinics IMO for working on extensive baldness.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.