Which Transplant option is better FUT or FUE

They are both viable options.  It depends on many variables.  The basics, however, deal with your styling options.  To give you an example, supposed you were military.  Typically they keep a very short haircut and can not afford to have a scar.  They would likely choose FUE to avoid the linear scar.  Mind you, with FUE you will have scars but, if the harvesting was completed with a .9mm punch, (or smaller), the scars would not be visible to the naked eye.  

If you plan to have your hair plenty long, FUT might be better suited.  You could do many procedures with FUT until you run out of elasticity - at which point you could then move forward with FUE.  This way you can take advantage of your entire donor. Go ahead and post a set of photos of your entire head.  I am certain many members will share their thoughts and experience with you.

Are you doing any type of medical therapy to help you with retention of the native hair? What goals do you have? What are you trying to achieve?

• Like 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

• Administrators

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Well explained by dr. Conior, there is no unique rule, and it's all individual , and by case to case, depend of patient, will generate suggestion of doctor what's possible in specific case, use FUT or FUE, or any of them as doctor Konior said, equal like can be no one can be used, as some person not good candidate of any HT method.