6 and half months after f.u.e is this normal growth

Hi.all 

I'm 6 and half months after hair transplant f.u.e..and I had surgery at front of my head,I'm finding there is a thin line thickening up at front,  but behind back to my original hairline,it is very fine and sparse do you think this is normal at this stage as I'm growing my original hair down to try and cover it as it don't look right, starting to worry it won't be samd density and thickness,any advice?

16329183971743458912558054719062.jpg

1632918535769700231537087837253.jpg

16329185587136916632987723955193.jpg

You would need to post before and immediately after graft placement pictures in order to get an accurate assessment from the community. It's possible that miniaturized hair adjacent to the graft area has been permanently shocked out, especially if not on medical therapy such as finasteride. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

I am on finasteride,would you say its normal growth for 6 months as it seems very sparse to me and nog blending in to my original hair,I don't want to name clinic yet as it would be unfair to at this stage but ig do seem very slow,I will upload a photo of day after surgery.

IMG-20210813-WA0019.jpg

1 minute ago, Jonathan price said:

Yes the clinic took pre pics and post pics but I don't have them,I think about 2500 grafts were placed

They can send them to you if requested. That’s quite a large area to cover, let’s hope your growth will improve. If it doesn’t in the next couple of months then I would be even more concerned. For 6.5 months normally even the slower growers would be showing a bit more growth than this. 

As others have said, it depends on exactly where the grafts were placed...keep in mind that the regrowth occurs with the transplanted follicles entering the growth phase on an intermittent basis so at 6 1/2 months, you still have more coming and with 2500 grafts, yes I believe your frontal zone should thicken up more.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

It also looks like there was some shock loss in your frontal zone, but that should recover as well…I wonder what was the grafted level of density in your frontal zone.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

3 minutes ago, Jonathan price said:

I'm not sure if it's shock loss that's the area I had transplanted there seems to be a thicker line at front and it seems thinner then back to my original hairline 

It is quite usual to have increased density in the front. I can see from the pic they have implanted a higher amount right at the front/hairline. 

Please keep us updated as your regrowth manifests.

Gillenator

While it's true that it's really hard to get a good gauge of how the end result will be at 6 months post-op, I do understand your concerns and I'd probably be asking the same questions. Unfortunately, the only thing you can really do at this point is wait it out a bit longer and see if it improves. It is possible that over the next few months you'll really start to see things change for the better - so keep your chin up and let's hope that that's the case for you. Keep us posted. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56