Dr. Bisanga - Key to Early Growth

In this episode of "Bitesize with Bisanga", Dr. Bisanga discusses how and why many of his patients are able to achieve early growth following a hair transplant procedure.

• Like 4

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

11 hours ago, digi23 said:

Do anyone know if there is any relation between early shedding = early growth?

Shedding of transplanted grafts is essentially shock loss that the follicles experience due to the process of surgery and we do not support that there is a correlation between shedding time and growth time in patients.
Almost all patients who have had surgery with any clinic will shed, regardless of quality of surgery and even in cases of lower yield and poor growth showing that shedding and growth are not correlative. 

Early growth is one of the most discussed topics/asked questions recently which is completely understandable in terms of patients getting back to normal and moving forward post procedure, but as mentioned in the video, it can be a real source of anxiety for some individuals if they haven't achieved significant growth in those very early months which may not be realistic for them. 

We all proceed with surgery with the longer term result in mind. I have seen patients on this very forum who experienced impressive early growth but their final result was somewhat lacking.

Early growth is a bonus for those who experience it, but far more important than early growth is the final result at 12+ months.

Edited by Raphael84
  • Like 4

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

17 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

Shedding of transplanted grafts is essentially shock loss that the follicles experience due to the process of surgery and we do not support that there is a correlation between shedding time and growth time in patients.
Almost all patients who have had surgery with any clinic will shed, regardless of quality of surgery and even in cases of lower yield and poor growth showing that shedding and growth are not correlative. 

Early growth is one of the most discussed topics/asked questions recently which is completely understandable in terms of patients getting back to normal and moving forward post procedure, but as mentioned in the video, it can be a real source of anxiety for some individuals if they haven't achieved significant growth in those very early months which may not be realistic for them. 

We all proceed with surgery with the longer term result in mind. I have seen patients on this very forum who experienced impressive early growth but their final result was somewhat lacking.

Early growth is a bonus for those who experience it, but far more important than early growth is the final result at 12+ months.

I can tell you why I was thinking this was because:

1. Hair gets transplanted

2. All transplanted hairs grow for a few weeks (enters anagen phase?) 

3. The transplanted hairs shed (enters telogen phase?) 

4. Will be in telogen phase until its time in 3-6 months to get into anagen phase again

Early shed = earlier into telogen = earlier into anagen again = early results 😁 but maybe its not that simple 

• Like 1