My thoughts on Rogaine Foam after 1 Months use!

Uk_lad

I started the foam because my crown had began to thin. here is my experience so far

1) Thinning has increased

2) Area of Thinning has grown rapidly

3) Scalp (crown) has become more shiny

4) I have had alot of pimples on my scalp

5) Strangely, the amount of hairs falling seems to have decreased.

So, am definetly goin to continue up to the 4mnth mark, am a bit confused that the thinning and area has increased, yet i have noticed less hair fall. Also the pimples are on the scalp are pretty annoying, but hopefully they will settle down, and they are not even located in the area i am applying the foam.

Will update again in month two!

UK_lad,

An initial hair shedding is common when using Rogaine or even Propecia. Typically this is a sign of the medication working, even though it often causes a panic.

I do think it's a good idea to continue on and give it a full chance before stopping use. After all, hair loss is not a reported "side effect" of Rogaine or Propecia.

Keep us posted!

Bill

my advice is do not go near Regaine if you can commit lifetime to it which a lot of people cant. You will just end up losing more native hair when you discontinue use.

Used it for over a year documented with pics monthly. Absoloutly no benefit. When i discontinued , big hairline shed!! Using proscar now and seeing results. Hopefully combined with my HT should be enough.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Bobilero:

You will just end up losing more native hair when you discontinue use.

Used it for over a year documented with pics monthly. Absoloutly no benefit. When i discontinued , big hairline shed!!

Not to doubt you but are you sure? Has anyone else had this problem?

well before using the foam i had the odd pimple. since i started i have had atleats 3 at anyone time, even now i have stopped. They are not like normall pimples, they seem to be more under the surface, without a head. They tend to last much longer than the ones on the face and are pretty sore. Numbness has subsided since i have stopped the foam! I have never heard of sum1 else having numbness, but have read a few people have had pimples from the rogaine.