Oral Minox prescribed by Hair Transplant doctor.

Nickpatay12

I had my consultation with Dr. Nadimi yesterday. For the most part it went really well. She gave me realistic expectations on what I should expect out of the transplant. Since I’m a lot younger she recommnded a higher hairline. I would need around 1500 grafts FUE. I am going to schedule my transplant for May next year. Another thing that came up during the consultation was my side effects with Fin. She recommended I get off the drug and try Oral Min. Stating it’s more effective than topical and she has seen success in lots of her patients. The problem is Dr.Nadimi isn’t my regular physician I can’t see her whenever I want. She won’t be there to monitor my health and so forth. I am going to stop taking the fin and start taking oral min. I’ve accepted my faith, I know I will eventually go bald and can’t keep takin fin side effects are too prevalent. I will try to maintain what I can for now. My questions are do any of you have success stories with oral min or know anyone who has. Also should I monitor my health with my regular physician, I don’t really have one for now. But I feel like they won’t understand why I’m taking Oral min and psych me out more about the sides. I’m taking 1.25 mg daily. The main side effect I am also worried about is face edema, I heard I can take diuretic to counter those sides. Can anyone confirm this. I am only 23 years old and am overall a healthy individual. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. 

Can you post photos of your hairline? You are really young for a hair transplant. 

I would recommend staying on finastiride and add in oral minixidil. Finastiride is actually what blocks DHT which destroys hair follicles and increases hairloss. Oral Minoxidil just increases hair regrowth. 

15 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

Can you post photos of your hairline? You are really young for a hair transplant. 

I would recommend staying on finastiride and add in oral minixidil. Finastiride is actually what blocks DHT which destroys hair follicles and increases hairloss. Oral Minoxidil just increases hair regrowth. 

He clearly states that he is suffering side effects from the fin and cannot continue taking it. 

• Like 1