Clark st

Hi all !  Just had a fue procedure 6 days ago.  Swelling has for the most part has subsided.  The numbness in my donor area for the most part has gone away.  However i can't sleep very well, still.  The best way I can explain it is a nerve pain feeling .  It feels the worse in the areas i assume the numbing medicine was  administered.  Has anyone else experienced tbis?

Yes, it is extremely common to feel lingering soreness and nerve pain for weeks after surgery. Severity and duration usually are linked to the extraction quantity and quality. Itching, zingers from nerves healing, and general soreness are very common for the first two -four weeks post-op. 

• Thanks 2

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

I’m having intense donor area pain 9 days post op (been happening since day 4). Had 1800 grafts FUE, my second procedure and had no pain when I had my first procedure of 2000 grafts. Doing research on here and other sites I believe this is related to nerve endings being cut, most say it should pass in a few weeks but read a couple of cases that last for years. Hopefully mine will pass soon as it’s agony! 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Clark st said:

Called my dr. Presrcribing me gabapentin a nerve blocker hope it works.  I've  had pain since day 3.  Intense

Nice. Where are you based? I’m reluctant to try and get a prescription from the nhs here in the uk as usually have to wait at least a week for an appointment, hoping it’s resolved by then. I’ve been taking vitamin b as read on here that it helps with nerve repair. Let us know how you get on.

24 minutes ago, Clark st said:

Got my gabapentine script yesterday, it helped!!! Ask your dr. For that.

Thanks mate. I’ll give it until the end of next week. Unfortunately it’s not a case of asking for a subscription and you’ll get it here in England, and it’s difficult to get an appointment especially since covid, but if this pain doesn’t subside then I’ll have to try.

26 minutes ago, Billy0716 said:

Thanks mate. I’ll give it until the end of next week. Unfortunately it’s not a case of asking for a subscription and you’ll get it here in England, and it’s difficult to get an appointment especially since covid, but if this pain doesn’t subside then I’ll have to try.

Good luck buddy, i know how u feel .  Cheers

On 9/17/2021 at 8:40 AM, Billy0716 said:

Any updates on the nerve pain??

5 hours ago, Billy0716 said:

Feels like it’s improving mate, I’d say the pain was down to about a 5 out of 10 most of the times now. How’s yours?

Hard to say for sure I've been doped up on meds for the past 4 days .  I'm about 3 days behind u ,so I'll know soon.  Otherwise i think it has improved maybe a bit.  

Hang in there. Hope you're back to normal soon.  Keep us posted.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

My pain is still here and still intense at 14 days post op. Hopefully it will improve over the next week. Didn’t have this issue with my first HT but most say it resolves around the 2 week mark so hopefully I’ll see improvements soon.

Edited by Billy0716

On 9/17/2021 at 5:50 AM, Clark st said:

I went to restore .  How was your experience?? How many grafts?  What did you pay? 

Overall good experience.  Had 1700, could definitely have used more after I saw my head shaved but we’ll see how this goes and maybe try a second later.   I paid 14k.  I’m also having some donor pain after 8 days but able to get through the day by spraying with saline and taking Tylenol.   Nights are the worst laying head on pillow.  

On 9/16/2021 at 8:07 AM, Clark st said:

Hi all !  Just had a fue procedure 6 days ago.  Swelling has for the most part has subsided.  The numbness in my donor area for the most part has gone away.  However i can't sleep very well, still.  The best way I can explain it is a nerve pain feeling .  It feels the worse in the areas i assume the numbing medicine was  administered.  Has anyone else experienced tbis?

You’re about day 13 now.  Any shedding yet?   

7 hours ago, Runitback said:

You’re about day 13 now.  Any shedding yet?   

Donor pain for me is def getting better.  Next pillow is getting old quick .  Shock loss in the transplanted area, not a ton, i didn't completely  shave my head.  Minimal if any shedding so far but i know its coming sooner or later.  Otherwise things are looking better. How far out are you?

On 9/21/2021 at 2:26 PM, Billy0716 said:

My pain is still here and still intense at 14 days post op. Hopefully it will improve over the next week. Didn’t have this issue with my first HT but most say it resolves around the 2 week mark so hopefully I’ll see improvements soon.

Feeling better yet?

Have the same, just realize I posted in the wrong sub earlier I guess ( i put my donor question in the general "HT questions" sub)

Currently day 5 post OP. No pain in donor at all during the day but as soon as I have the pillow touch a certain area on my donor oh boy this is unbearable. No sleep since 2 days its really not just uncomfortable but hellish. Good to read here it seems to go away after some more days - what is strange is I really can not recall to have this read anywhere during my research before doing the HT - the clinic also does not prepare you for this. I understand swelling / infection whatever might happen but I dont have any swelling or at least visible infection. Wounds are closed by now since many days as well.

Really strange, it should be more prominent pre-OP that this can / is likely to happen to you know at least all is fine and its normal. (while per my view the general view is rather FUE donor is healing quickly and does not create that much amount of pain vs. FUT...)

14 hours ago, Billy0716 said:

The pain is still there but definitely feel a slight improvement over the last few days. Probably down to about a 4 out of 10 pain during the day and a 6 or 7 at  evening/ night. How about you pal?

My nerve pain is gone.  I'd say around day 13 or 14 is when it went away for me.  Still have some numbness in certain areas but even that is slowly coming back .  Def have some sore areas on my donor area still using a neck pillow for easier sleeping .  But over all everything is slowly improving.  Ibeprofen helped me a lot during the night. Keep us posted !!