HELP! BEST FOR FUE IN EUROPE OR TURKEY?

Hi, 

I’m 25 years old and have had thinning hair since I can remember myself. I’ve gotten used to it since its been apart of me all my life. As of the past few years I have been shaving my head as I got fed up with a cover up job lol. I came to the conclusion that getting a HT was not an option for me since my hair is thin all over but I have recently been seeing some feedback on here with similar situations having great outcomes. So I have decided to pull the plug and ask for some advice from the group. I will include pictures to show my current stage of hair loss. For the HT I will be willing to pay the price for a good quality outcome.

I have been looking at HLC, Dr.Pekiner, Dr.Keser, Dr.Bicer, Dr.Ferreira and possibly Eugenix. 

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ADVICE IN TERMS OF QUALITY, WHAT EACH DR IS BEST AT, AS WELL AS PRICE POINTS FOR EACH CLINIC.I

Edited by PT14

• Valued Contributor

Maybe it's the lighting having an impact, but your *donor* area looks quite thin and patchy to me. You need to send these photos to some clinics (the ones you've listed are excellent) and strongly consider visiting a dermatologist or HT clinic in person for a thorough assessment of your hair. Your scalp donor looks on the weak side and that may put the brakes on getting a HT.

Your beard density looks bloody awesome though!

• Like 1

I'm afraid your donor doesn't look very strong. Certainly not enough to give you minimal coverage at this stage in your hair loss. You might have a challenge getting a clinic to take the case. 

Are you on finasteride and minoxidil? That would be the first course of action, for at lest 1 year.

• Like 1

@Berba11 

@MachoVato

So my hair has got considerably more patchy over the past few years but everything has slowed down these past two years. I have used minoxidil and finasteride. Minoxidil worked but IMO I don’t see the point of using something for the rest of my life for it just reverse soon after I stop using it, with finasteride I did use it but then start having side effects and I was much younger then so I just stopped. 

So would you say even with a beard transplant is a long shot. Also do you have any idea on how SMP looks? 

• Valued Contributor
6 minutes ago, PT14 said:

@Berba11 

@MachoVato

So my hair has got considerably more patchy over the past few years but everything has slowed down these past two years. I have used minoxidil and finasteride. Minoxidil worked but IMO I don’t see the point of using something for the rest of my life for it just reverse soon after I stop using it, with finasteride I did use it but then start having side effects and I was much younger then so I just stopped. 

So would you say even with a beard transplant is a long shot. Also do you have any idea on how SMP looks? 

My honest advice is just keep buzzing down - it suits you and looks good. But I'm not a surgeon or a dermatologist, so it's their expertise you'll need to consult. But at 25, with what looks like very diffuse hair all over and not on Finasteride... Honestly I'd just forget about it. Beard hair transplant works best as a supplement to scalp hair.

Personally I'm not keen on SMP but I'm not an expert on it. There's others here far better qualified to comment on it than I am.

• Like 1

As I understand it, beard hair is not suitable as the only source. Generally, someone will get 1500 grafts from the head and then maybe 500 from the beard. So beard hair is blended in with scalp hair. 

You might be able to use chest hair if you have it. Here's an example of Dr. Bicer using chest hair. 

9 minutes ago, PT14 said:

@MachoVato Yes I have plenty to be fair if the results are going to look botched Id rather not bothered. Am I not right in saying chest hair use severely reduces the success rate?

I don't know much about that. It's not the preferred source because usually chest hair has a short growth cycle, they don't grow very long (just like leg/arm hair). But since you're researching, have a Skype call with Dr. Bicer. She'll be able to give you more info on that one case.

I assume any clinic that can do BHT (body hair transplant) can do chest hair. Personally, I wouldn't use it unless it was combined with scalp hair. You know, just to add some density. 

Edited by MachoVato

Have you considered FUT (strip)? You would have to grow out your hair to cover the scar, but a good doctor can really minimize that. It may be your best option for maximum grafts from your scalp. There aren't many FUT doctors in Turkey. 

I know Bisanga and Mwamba in Belgium offer FUT. That might be your best option.

@MachoVato To be fair if my hair was to grow as long as the hair on my arms, I would trim it down I used to get short on top, high fades. I will definitely give her a call when I have time. I feel like I may have DUPA which is making me reluctant from even going down the route of a HT now that I’ve seen a few DUPA cases, I previously wasn’t aware of this. FUT is definitely a no no due to the scarring.

You should get your donor analyzed by a professional first, it looks like you have DUPA.

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

Sorry to say man, but as others have said, it really looks like you have DUPA - to the point that it instantly came to my mind as soon as I saw your first picture. 

It could be the lighting, but I really do think you have DUPA (or maybe BUPA as Lorenzo also has classified). You will of course need to have this confirmed via an examination, but it seems likely I'm afraid. If this is the case, to be honest you would likely be better off doing nothing by a country mile as any donor hair transplanted would continue thinning, it's just not worth the scarring. 

You've got a great beard and by your own admission you're used to having little hair and have even been shaving for a while - it seems like you've already gotten over the biggest challenges of hair loss.

I would advise you to expect to not really be able to do much HT wise in any case, but get in touch with Lorenzo in Spain as he has vast experience with cases such as yours and has done lots of research in the area of DUPA.

I have seen reversals in patients of his in a similar position via the use of medication who have then gone on to have successful procedures, so nothing is impossible. But honestly, I don't think it's worth it overall for you. You seem at peace with things and I think the prospect of a successful hair transplant is a gamble in your case

• Like 2