iS THIS SEASONAL SHEDDING/ACTIVE HAIR CYCLE

I have combed my hair today after 5 days and have noticed at least a 100 hairs fel out by using my wide tooth combe. I have also managed to pluck out at least another 30-50 by very very gently with bear minimum force pulling on some of the hair around the edges of the crown area. Is this normal could it be seasonal/hair cycle or could it be some hairs are stil feeling the trauma of the translplant in the areas that are still numb 5.5 months -post op 2nd H/T.The other interseting thing is I dont think its the 1st H/T as they are much longer and thicker in length as i allowed them to grow. These seem to be half the size in most cases , could it be that the 2nd H/T planted where due another bout or round of a hair cycle and that may explain what I am experiencing.???? Should I start taking meds.

Abby,

First off, don't pull at your hair. No matter how light you think you are pulling, you may be pulling harder than you think. That doesn't mean you can remove the hair follicle, but excessive harsh pulling can eventually damage hair follicles and prevent growth.

It's honestly impossible to know whether or not your shed is part of the natural hair growth cycle, further exacerbated by a seasonal shed, or remaining natural hair falling out due to the progression of male pattern baldness.

The good news is, the transplanted hair should not be permanently impacted by shedding.

If you are experiencing excessive shedding, the only other thing I can think of is if you recently started any hair loss medication like Propecia or Rogaine. Have you?

You're only 5.5 months out from your second hair transplant so try to relax. You have plenty of time to see growth and I highly doubt you are losing transplanted hair on a permanent level.

Hang in there.

Bill

Maybe your right, maybe im just flapping, my women keeps telling me the same thing , CALM DOWN!!! ITS STILL EARLY wait another 7 months. I think as of tody no more counting hairs or plucking, seems one moves away from the mirror syndrome only to end up with counting syndrome. Despite the feared lows I can still turn up at hospital where I study on a daily basis wearing no hats caps etc and continue as normal.