Tremendous pain in head/skull after FUT today

I got back 2 hours back and have been in tremendous pain around the circumference of head. Not just the strip area where the hair were removed from back. The doctor's office is closed and I am in tears even after taking Narco (Hydrocodone 325 mg). Should I just remove the bandage and take my chances?

Is it just too tiight? Why so much pain. I feels like 9 or 10 on a scale of 0-10. It is 10:30 pm here and no other recourse available for me. I am so miserable.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, guraaf said:

I got back 2 hours back and have been in tremendous pain around the circumference of head. Not just the strip area where the hair were removed from back. The doctor's office is closed and I am in tears even after taking Narco (Hydrocodone 325 mg). Should I just remove the bandage and take my chances?

Is it just too tiight? Why so much pain. I feels like 9 or 10 on a scale of 0-10. It is 10:30 pm here and no other recourse available for me. I am so miserable.

Sorry your in so much pain. Have you now been in contact with Dr Diep ? 

Sorry you are experiencing this.  It typically happens on procedure 2.  I'm surprised they did not give you the doctor's phone number in case of an emergency.  Best thing to do, in my view, is to go to a local clinic and see if a doctor can prescribe pain meds.  I would leave everything as is.  If the area gets infected - for whatever reason, things will just get worse.  (Now it's the next day. Were you able to resolve anything?)

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

I managed to increase my dosage for Narco to twice and then take it every 4 hours and Ibuprofen in the middle. I managed to get thru the night and now feel lot better and able to sit and eat and not feel miserable.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, guraaf said:

I managed to increase my dosage for Narco to twice and then take it every 4 hours and Ibuprofen in the middle. I managed to get thru the night and now feel lot better and able to sit and eat and not feel miserable.

Great to hear your not in so much pain. Hope it improves over the next week (it should) 🙏

• Administrators
1 hour ago, guraaf said:

Glad you’re feeling better. The nerve endings are repairing which can cause pain. It should get better and better as the days go by.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey man. Glad to hear that you are okay. 

Well I just read your inputs. From pretty desperate state to a pretty normal one. Damn, these HTs are one big rollercoaster. 

But things will be even better in next few days :D