Pimples in recipeint area

TEXAN35

I had a FUE around three and a half month before 1500 mostly hairline.

Hair growth has been just ok but I guess that's normal for 3 month period.

But I do have few pimples (5-6 )like shave bumps on recipient area and some irritation time to time.

Is it something I should be concerned about ? Should I apply Aloe or Eucerin ?

It's completely normal, essentially the equivalent of ingrown hairs and just means that the new follicles are starting to sprout, which makes sense as 3-4 months is really when this should be starting to happen. So yes to that also, would be extremely unusual to have any impressive growth at the stage you're at now, even an early grower generally wouldn't have any impressive growth for another few months yet. 

• Administrators

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

Just an FYI to anyone else who is having more than normal pimples or itching because of skin sensitivity. So at around 3 months I had a couple of big pimples and many small ones which are normal. The big ones were becoming kind of crusty and were very visible from close and I was worried that they can slow down the hair sprouts from coming out. I did apply cold pressed organic aloe which reduced my itching on pimples but it was still not gone. I wish I had been applying aloe sooner. I applied polysporin ointment for few days upon consultation and the pimples were gone and the recipient skin looks much better. I also applied all clear white medical Vaseline once a while to keep the itching low. Of course please consult your doctor before this but its an option. 

the follicle comes with a gland.  At the time the hair starts growing, the gland does not know what to do and the pimple forms.  Half a dozen is the norm.  Once the hair comes out, all will return to normal.  Also be aware, bacteria crawls in there and can form a much larger pimple.  Just treat it like a zit, clean it and it will also dissipate.  Talk to your doctor, he can give you a prescription for a steroidal cream or shampoo to keep this in check if it gets out of hand.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.