Yellow thick layer on my front head, is it normal? day 13 after the surgery

Hey,

I'm day 13 into my recovery, i think i've put too much lotion and now it has made a thick yellow-ish layer on my head. Or is it crust/scab?

The clinic said it was ok.. but I'm wondering maybe i should do something about it? Is it really ok?

I have not seen anyone with this condition, so i'm worried.

Thanks!

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-20 at 20.02.27 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-20 at 20.02.27 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-20 at 20.02.27.jpeg

Edited by ShayDo

• Administrators

Have you washed your recipient at all?? That doesn’t look good. You need to do a better job of cleaning. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I've been putting lotion on my head for 1 hour. After 1 hour i've put shampoo on my head, than rinsed it off with lukewarm water and a cup EVERY DAY. I told my clinic that a lot of lotion is still present after rinsing, they told me it was fine. I've send them these pictures and they said it is normal.

Should i really remove this layer? Won't the grafts fall with the layer?

Have i done permanent damage to my hair? could it be that the graft did not survive because of it?

Edited by ShayDo

Can I ask who the clinic was ? Your grafts will be fine and they were very secure by day 10. I can see normal scabbing occurring it’s the lotion that needs to be properly removed. The Post op video that Melvin posted above shows decent after care ! 🙏

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Can I ask who the clinic was ? Your grafts will be fine and they were very secure by day 10. I can see normal scabbing occurring it’s the lotion that needs to be properly removed. The Post op video that Melvin posted above shows decent after care ! 🙏

It is Dr. Serkan Aygın's Clinic, Turkey.

The entire yellow thing is one big scab/dried lotion, i don't really know what to do about it - should i remove it as one piece? there is no visible wet lotion on me, only this yellow blob of doom. should i do the rubbing he show on 4:58 in the video? :(

Thank you!!Dr. Serkan Aygın ClinicDr. Serkan Aygın ClinicDr. Serkan Aygın Clinic

I got it off, and my hair seem to be in place 😅

I hope the entire wrong process did not make me lose some grafts along the way.

Thank you very much for encouraging me to take that step!

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-21 at 00.06.41.jpeg

Edited by ShayDo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Hi John, so graft falling after 10 days are fine? 

3 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

No grafts will fall after becoming secure. No grafts are falling here 🙏

I meant if the hair fall after 10 days there is no need to worry, that was my question? 😥 

16 minutes ago, JP28 said:

I meant if the hair fall after 10 days there is no need to worry, that was my question? 😥 

Hair fall/shed can occur anytime from a week or so after a transplant. It’s just the grafts have become very secure after day 7-10. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

Hair fall/shed can occur anytime from a week or so after a transplant. It’s just the grafts have become very secure after day 7-10. 

According to Mwamba, the grafs is secured after 3-4 days tho. That is one of the reason he told me I could use caps after that 

Edited by Ajamilo

10 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

According to Mwamba, the grafs is secured after 3-4 days tho. That is one of the reason he told me I could use caps after that 

Yer different Drs/Clinics will say grafts are secured anywhere between 4-10 days. A week or so is the general point most clinics agree they are fully secure. 

Edited by JohnAC71