changes after 9 month post op

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Employeesmustwashhands said:

Hi guys

can you expect a big change after 9 months post op in terms of a denser appearance?

Unfortunately their is no 'one size fits all' when it comes to results in the growth phase after surgery. That being that their are just so many variables from the quality of the surgeon/clinic to the physiology of the patient. Some patients experience shock loss, some patients experience minimal shedding (or in rare cases none at all). But as a generalization, by around month 4 you should be out of the ugly duckling stage and starting to notice new growth. For some patients by four months they can notice significant growth while others may still be waiting up until the six month stage. This period however is not indicative of the final result and is the worst part about a hair transplant. THE WAITING!

• Like 2

On 7/14/2021 at 4:59 AM, Employeesmustwashhands said:

Hi guys

can you expect a big change after 9 months post op in terms of a denser appearance?

Hair caliber maturity plays a huge factor in the final visual result...this usually takes up to 15-18 months post-op.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY