Visible Signs - How long after HT?

I'm in the process of scheduling a FUE procedure and trying to schedule around holidays, birthdays, etc., when the family will get together. How long after a HT procedure is the recipient and donor sites not visible of a procedure? In other words, how long after a procedure is it not obvious and you can be safely seen by people? My understanding is for a FUE the back has to be shaved and it takes a while for the donor area to heal and that the recipient area will be red for a couple weeks. Thoughts/experiences?

Edited by hairyharry

Everyone is different, as it will depend on if you get shock loss, how long your scalp stays red, how long the ugly duckling phase lasts, etc. For me personally, it was a full 3 months before I was comfortable going anywhere without a hat. At 3 months I just started to look like I did before the HT. I think even then I still had some shock loss on the crown, so I technically looked balder. But I didn’t have a visible scar, no redness, etc. 

At least with FUE you won’t have a strip scar and if you heal well, the scabbing in the recipient area should be gone after 7-10 days…if there is some redness in the recipient area, and anyone asks about it, just say that you were outdoors and don’t be nervous about it.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY