Considering FUE- Very fine brown hair, concerned about being active and shaving head.

Hello, I'm a new, first time poster here.  I'm a Norwood 5-6.  I've been completely shaving my head for the last 5 years. My baldness had actually concerned me more in the past than it does now that I'm older (in my 40's). But I'm single and want to improve my looks. I've always considered a HT but it was never affordable for me until now. Also, I feel that FUE is less risky and becoming a lot more popular.

Anyway, I have really thin hair. I'm concerned about density. What will it look like if it gets wet? If I'm really sweaty at the gym, running or in the pool? I have to admit that I appreciate how easy it is to just shave my head now and never have to go to a barber shop. If I get FUE and don't get the results I was hoping for, how bad will the scars look if I go back to shaving my whole head?

I think I will be happy with FUE if its not going to require tons of daily maintenance in order for it to look good. I don't want it to look strange and patchy if I'm in the pool/ running/ being active.  I'm sure many of you will suggest that I don't get a hair transplant if I'm going to be that picky.  Any thoughts or suggestions? I was told I will need around 3800 grafts on my first HT and will need another HT one year later.

Thanks ,

Jabroney

• Administrators

I don’t see any pictures 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

It will look thin when its wet, no matter what it will always be thin in certain occasions, i.e sweating, swimming, etc. If you’re okay with shaving, might be best to keep shaving or consider smp

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

18 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

It will look thin when its wet, no matter what it will always be thin in certain occasions, i.e sweating, swimming, etc. If you’re okay with shaving, might be best to keep shaving or consider smp

I appreciate the feedback.  It's kind of what I expected to hear. Any thoughts shaving my head after FUE? If I got bad results from the HT, how bad do you think the scars will look after shaving it all off? I assume this depends on who's doing it and the methods used.

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Jobroney Baloney said:

I appreciate the feedback.  It's kind of what I expected to hear. Any thoughts shaving my head after FUE? If I got bad results from the HT, how bad do you think the scars will look after shaving it all off? I assume this depends on who's doing it and the methods used.

If you scar well like this

image.jpeg

View my thread

I am assuming if you don't like the look of the FUE and want to go back to shaving you would have the scar, but I think it may be pretty easily concealed with SMP.

Not super experienced in this area, so others might dispute this.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Jobroney Baloney said:

I can definitely live with that. Are there ways to minimize the scarring? Dr. should use a smaller punch?

The best way to minimize scarring is smp to the scars.

• Like 1

View my thread