Has Anyone Tried Co-Washing ?

Co-Washing is replacing your shampoo with a 'conditioner' to cleanse the hair.  As my hair is always dry I was thinking of trying this.

It supposedly helps with breakage.  If you've tried this with success which conditioner cleanser did you use ?  

• Administrators

Sometimes I use conditioner washing to keep my concealer in longer, especially dermmatch. Is that why you're considering co washing?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Sometimes I use conditioner washing to keep my concealer in longer, especially dermmatch. Is that why you're considering co washing?

No, I'm finding quite a few hairs in the shower,which are shorter (breakage ?) than my own hair.  Say 1" or so as compared to my 3".

So I'm assuming this is breakage, which even if it's not 'hair loss' is probably still affecting density.  My hair is very dry, and I'm thinking

that might be leading to the breakage. And shampoos which are usually drying,  is probably making matters worse.

I've watched a few videos were they claim co-washing is better and less drying than shampoo by not removing all the natural oils, ect.

How do you find the difference if any in your hair with co-washing ?   What product(s) do you use ?   

• Administrators
2 hours ago, NewHare said:

No, I'm finding quite a few hairs in the shower,which are shorter (breakage ?) than my own hair.  Say 1" or so as compared to my 3".

So I'm assuming this is breakage, which even if it's not 'hair loss' is probably still affecting density.  My hair is very dry, and I'm thinking

that might be leading to the breakage. And shampoos which are usually drying,  is probably making matters worse.

I've watched a few videos were they claim co-washing is better and less drying than shampoo by not removing all the natural oils, ect.

How do you find the difference if any in your hair with co-washing ?   What product(s) do you use ?   

I don’t believe not washing your hair does anything for hair loss. Your hairs will shed no matter what. If you have greasy hair, washing will make it less greasy, if you have a dry scalp, it might help keep it moist.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You absolutely don’t need to co-wash, what you need to do is get a good shampoo and conditioner for super sensitive hair/scalp I recommend free and clear from vanicream for shampoo and conditioner, there is no way that will dry you hair and scalp those products are literally free of everything that could be irritating. I personally use pura d’or for hair thinning shampoo and conditioner. 

You can find both products at cvs or Walgreens. After you’ve washed you hair you need to apply oil on it just few drops spread all over your hair and then brush it with a special wet brush to spread it out evenly and please let your hair dry naturally.

Last thing don’t buy a cheap oil instead get a good one from Sephora like the one from olaplex and my personal favorite the one from bumble and bumble invisible oil. 

I guarantee you that you can totally change your hair that way.