I get mild sides from Topical Saw Palmetto. Is that a bad sign re Fin?

Ronnieman

I have been using topical SP for a couple months.

I get mild lower libido and EQ on it.

From the reviews I've read on topical SP, most people report no sexual sides.

I was planning on going on Topical Fin ASAP, but is this a bad sign? Does it show that I am very sensitive in terms of side effects?

I have lowish Free Testosterone, and highish Estradiol. Both within 'average' ranges though.

Edited by Ronnieman

• Ronnieman changed the title to I get mild sides from Topical Saw Palmetto. Is that a bad sign re Fin?
1 hour ago, follically challenged said:

Lol yeah, i don't think EQ is a common acronym... you might have to spell that out in future 😂

When we're talking about DHT inhibitors, sadly it is!

I read that they perform the same function so it doesn't really matter whether you take fin or saw, if you're going to get sides from one you'll get sides from both. Because it isn't fin that can give you sides but the effect it has on your body which causes the hair gains and sexual stuff - and saw has that same effect 

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• 2 months later...

Quite surprising to hear how differently everyone reacts to these products. I've been taking saw palmetto 550 mg 2 times a day for about 6 months now, I've only had "side effects" for the first 3 days where I would have low erections, then everything went back to normal and never experienced anything again. Weirdly enough I read topical DUT gives less sides than topical FIN, so maybe give that a try but start with 0.25ml 2 times a week and increase it gradually, see how it goes.