The Hair Dr, Leeds

• 4 weeks later...

Just short of 11 months. Density still isn’t as full as expected when hair is combed up, especially on the left, but when combed like this, with a bit of gel, then I think it looks pretty good. 

F707BBE5-32E0-4C60-87B2-05CDA3BC52EC.jpeg

541AA5A3-C63C-4D59-B941-74521F2D85F5.jpeg

• Like 3

• Administrators

@Marko7t4

Hair Transplants will never be perfect, there will always be weaknesses. I think your hair looks DAMN good. You should be very happy. 
392013B8-E833-4A46-9755-23F2CB545BE1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

15 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

@Marko7t4

Hair Transplants will never be perfect, there will always be weaknesses. I think your hair looks DAMN good. You should be very happy. 
392013B8-E833-4A46-9755-23F2CB545BE1.jpeg

I definitely agree with you @Melvin- Moderator that it looks good. My only issue is the lack of density. I learned to be a master manipulator of my hair to hide my hair loss many years ago, as I’m sure a lot of people on this forum did. Here is a picture with my hair back, and then my hair messed up. When messed up, I think you’d struggle to tell that I’d had a HT, but the lack of density is pretty evident. I’ve got every faith that the Dr will address this for me in time, but I’ve seen many pictures on the forum of people with their hair combed up and the density is fantastic. If I had my hair combed up, it would look like my hair is thinning quite badly in the areas where I had a HT

79DA2CD3-3D4A-4D81-A9EE-23B4191DAF5A.jpeg

671C2C35-05BF-4BE1-9ACF-9463E8BD78A4.jpeg

1C2D4F88-3E36-4659-8155-001705669C72.jpeg

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Marko7t4 said:

I definitely agree with you @Melvin- Moderator that it looks good. My only issue is the lack of density. I learned to be a master manipulator of my hair to hide my hair loss many years ago, as I’m sure a lot of people on this forum did. Here is a picture with my hair back, and then my hair messed up. When messed up, I think you’d struggle to tell that I’d had a HT, but the lack of density is pretty evident. I’ve got every faith that the Dr will address this for me in time, but I’ve seen many pictures on the forum of people with their hair combed up and the density is fantastic. If I had my hair combed up, it would look like my hair is thinning quite badly in the areas where I had a HT

79DA2CD3-3D4A-4D81-A9EE-23B4191DAF5A.jpeg

671C2C35-05BF-4BE1-9ACF-9463E8BD78A4.jpeg

1C2D4F88-3E36-4659-8155-001705669C72.jpeg

Never compare yourself to others, results vary for a multitude of reasons. Also, you have no idea if those pictures are being presented in the most optimal conditions. Happy people present pictures in the best way. Unhappy people present it in the worst way. I don’t see anything concerning in these photos. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Marko7t4 said:

Very please with how the crown is shaping up. 

D091BE7D-7A8A-4333-BD8F-2BC3113232F7.jpeg

Crown looks excellent 🙌🏼

• Thanks 1

View my thread

On 5/2/2022 at 8:07 PM, J.A.C said:

Agreed, the crown is looking good 👍🏽 Lol just looking at the Easter eggs … 🤣

That’s the closest I got them. Bloody kids ate them all 😂

• Haha 1

Here is a picture I’ve just seen on David Beckhams Instagram and you can see his hair looks very see through at the front, Lighting plays a big part on what hair looks like

F00EC436-9BDD-42AF-AA35-2F21317016C5.jpeg

Edited by Thebaldingman

52 minutes ago, Thebaldingman said:

Here is a picture I’ve just seen on David Beckhams Instagram and you can see his hair looks very see through at the front, Lighting plays a big part on what hair looks like

F00EC436-9BDD-42AF-AA35-2F21317016C5.jpeg

You can definitely see that he’s had work done On that photo. 

• 1 month later...

12 months update. Here’s a couple of recent photos. I’ve used my daughter’s hair band to put the front back. There’s still a lack of density, especially on the left, but I can hide that by combing it in certain ways. However, I used to use coming tricks to hide my balding sections before my HT, so wasn’t expecting to have to carry on doing that following my HT also. The doctor said the crown can take up to 18 months to mature, so I’m hoping that they will still fill out a bit more. 

18C938FC-D616-437D-B1B3-776265D9AAEB.jpeg

DD7A70EF-F541-4635-8C46-649FA8A04C78.jpeg

89BD9D7D-FE79-4A81-BCC3-9E1A4295ADB4.jpeg

3CD12CB6-4E02-4FB1-94A5-BB8AEB5A14BE.jpeg

98E5EE82-8718-4E15-B4F0-01AA863C5259.jpeg

• Administrators

This is pretty dang good. Crown looks good as well. All in all a big success IMOFE0E63A3-B7A8-477D-887B-100B48BDCE92.jpeg

816CA383-B69A-4E4B-A820-40C23C7E01A8.jpeg 

• Thanks 1

View my thread

1 hour ago, Marko7t4 said:

I’m following your top up procedure mate, as the doc said that that could be a possibility to add some density. 

It’s made a massive difference to how my hair looks and how I feel about my HT. The top up is a reason why I’m glad I picked the UK and the Hair Dr for my HT they have been really supportive making sure I get the result I’m happy with 

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Thebaldingman said:

It’s made a massive difference to how my hair looks and how I feel about my HT. The top up is a reason why I’m glad I picked the UK and the Hair Dr for my HT they have been really supportive making sure I get the result I’m happy with 

That's awesome to hear man, Dr. Arshad is a class act. He's recommended for a reason. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• 1 month later...

Just had my post 12 month check up with Dr A. He agreed that the density at the front isn’t what is expected, and asked me to book in for a top up at the front. He thinks around 500/600 grafts should be enough to give me decent density, with 2s and 3s packed in behind the hairline. He did comment on my hair’s characteristics, as it sort of grows out at the sides, rather than down (my former hairdresser said it was a bit like Chinese hair apparently). He thinks this could have something to do with the low density 🤷‍♂️  Either way, at least I know it’s going to be dealt with, and Dr A’s empathy towards his patients’ needs are only to be commended.