Been doing a lot of research lately, still very unsure which path is for me (FUT, FUE, which meds, etc)

2 hours ago, nicoandgello said:

Your hair looks terrible. Bottom 5% for your age. Start with dutasteride, it works way better for diffusers. I wouldn't go to Konior with that type of hairloss. I think you should fly abroad to Spain, Portugal or Belgium. You will safe 75% of your money. If you want to stay in NA go with Dr Bloxham or Dr Wong.

Damn, bottom 5% makes me wonder if I’m just setting myself up for future disappointment with the HT route and I really should just shave 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Savemyhairline said:

Damn, bottom 5% makes me wonder if I’m just setting myself up for future disappointment with the HT route and I really should just shave 

Shaving is always going to be worth a try ! Just to see if it suits you 👌

• Like 1

Just now, JohnAC71 said:

Shaving is always going to be worth a try ! Just to see if it suits you 👌

I did last year, I kind of liked it lol. My girlfriend absolutely hated it. My mom also didn’t like it. There’s no win win option here unfortunately, just a hard choice 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, qui bono said:

tsk tsk dont let others tell you what to do young one. 

Hahah I saw before you edited, I mean you are right, just sucks that my attractiveness will without any doubt be less universal to women without hair. Knowing that doesn’t help my confidence/self esteem...maybe if I were at least 10 years older but at this age it’s tough.

• Valued Contributor
12 hours ago, Savemyhairline said:

The fact that I would consider shaving in the future makes me really indecisive on that.

If this is a remote possibility in your future and as you are so young you really want to spend a lot of time on establishing what your goals are out of surgery? If you find you are unable to tolerate finasteride and your donor miniaturizes (along with your hair on top as it will) you may find that you may be unhappy with your results or even regret having surgery. You need to weigh all of this up and as much as it sucks having hair loss at your age it will give you time to do lots of research and trial finasteride for at least a year to see if you can tolerate it and to give your hair a chance to stabalise. A hair transplant is only one part of the equation and the last resort. It will never match the density of a head of non balding hair. You don't want to find yourself unhappy with the results and left with scars that you feel will preclude you from the option (and for many the freedom) of shaving your head. In fact I would suggest shaving your head now. It will grow back and will not interfere with trialing medication, etc. Take your time and all the best!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Savemyhairline said:

I did last year, I kind of liked it lol. My girlfriend absolutely hated it. My mom also didn’t like it. There’s no win win option here unfortunately, just a hard choice 

Agree with @qui bonohere, if you like it then it’s your choice ! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

If this is a remote possibility in your future and as you are so young you really want to spend a lot of time on establishing what your goals are out of surgery? If you find you are unable to tolerate finasteride and your donor miniaturizes (along with your hair on top as it will) you may find that you may be unhappy with your results or even regret having surgery. You need to weigh all of this up and as much as it sucks having hair loss at your age it will give you time to do lots of research and trial finasteride for at least a year to see if you can tolerate it and to give your hair a chance to stabalise. A hair transplant is only one part of the equation and the last resort. It will never match the density of a head of non balding hair. You don't want to find yourself unhappy with the results and left with scars that you feel will preclude you from the option (and for many the freedom) of shaving your head. In fact I would suggest shaving your head now. It will grow back and will not interfere with trialing medication, etc. Take your time and all the best!

That’s a good idea, thanks!

• Like 1

I would recommend Dr. Hasson and going with a 2 day mega session. Day1 FUT and Day2 FUE. I would think you would easily get over 5000 grafts. This would probably be as close to a one and done as you can get. Hasson's dense Packing of grafts is the best of any surgeon out there.

I'm in Vancouver and have been lucky to have had 3 procedures done by Dr Hasson.

I would expect the border issue will be some what fully open by September. 

Good Luck

Edited by Briguy
Update
  • Thanks 1

@SavemyhairlineI think you got yourself a well informative thread here. Certainly a lot of valid options and strategies and excellent clinic choices. If I’m to be totally honest with you, I believe that finasteride in your case is a must. I am an advocate of 3 times a week and build it up according to how you tolerate it. It is certainly effective. I do feel that a NW2 is your utmost goal. If that’s the case, I think it is important to set your goals and know your limitations early. With your dipping crown and ongoing loss on the midscalp, along with your young age, I do believe that it is only doable if lets say one area such as your crown is probably somehow compromised. I think 3000-3500 grafts will give you the frontal third that you desire, but I will certainly be open to having less density further back or even a good quality hair system for the areas that could be less fortunate to fill. Just be careful that once you get that NW2 hairline, “hair greed” might kick in and then you might not be too flexible or happy with a thinning mid scalp or crown. You can do a lot if you accept the limitations that might occur and plan for them from the beginning. 

• Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

12 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

@SavemyhairlineI think you got yourself a well informative thread here. Certainly a lot of valid options and strategies and excellent clinic choices. If I’m to be totally honest with you, I believe that finasteride in your case is a must. I am an advocate of 3 times a week and build it up according to how you tolerate it. It is certainly effective. I do feel that a NW2 is your utmost goal. If that’s the case, I think it is important to set your goals and know your limitations early. With your dipping crown and ongoing loss on the midscalp, along with your young age, I do believe that it is only doable if lets say one area such as your crown is probably somehow compromised. I think 3000-3500 grafts will give you the frontal third that you desire, but I will certainly be open to having less density further back or even a good quality hair system for the areas that could be less fortunate to fill. Just be careful that once you get that NW2 hairline, “hair greed” might kick in and then you might not be too flexible or happy with a thinning mid scalp or crown. You can do a lot if you accept the limitations that might occur and plan for them from the beginning. 

Thanks. Yes if I go through will all this (likely the case as of right now) fin will be 100%. I’ve seen what happens when guys don’t use it but get a HT young. I am about to start, I’m getting my second covid vaccine in about 10 days, so I’m going to wait a little bit after that to begin. I’m not worried about them both being in my system, I just don’t want to confuse side effects. I want to give finasteride  a fair shake. I’m also open to multiple hair transplants down the road. I’ve learned a lot these last couple weeks. 

Edited by Savemyhairline