4132 grafts Dr. Bisanga, BHR Clinic

NTCP8

1 hour ago, NTCP8 said:

Yeah, that's one the reasons why I think the results went downhill fast. Starting to loose a lot of native healthy hairs in areas where they placed grafts very closely to the native hair. Will update once I have a clear idea of what the cause actually is. Have to talk to a few other docs first. Do I regret it, maybe... 

Will wait a few more weeks/months before posting pictures, it might improve. 

To all the "consultants" of BHR, you have no permission to post any pictures without my permission on forums. 

Yeh that my point , really baffled tbh , looking at your pics your hair was pretty dense tbh, I reckon crown needed 1k grafts and the frontal mayb 1.5k and leave the rest alone until you stabilse your thinning. Do you take oral minoxidil btw, I had a consult with bisanga and he going to give me 5mg.

Edited by sukh123

I do take oral minox... Although the last three weeks I'm on topical, seeing I ran out of oral minox. Tried to import it into Hong Kong, but can't. Next week I will be abroad for work, one of clients (big Pharma) will give me 12 months Loniten 5mg. Haven't seen any shed now that I'm temporarily back on topical. 

• Administrators
13 hours ago, NTCP8 said:

Yeah, that's one the reasons why I think the results went downhill fast. Starting to loose a lot of native healthy hairs in areas where they placed grafts very closely to the native hair. Will update once I have a clear idea of what the cause actually is. Have to talk to a few other docs first. Do I regret it, maybe... 

Will wait a few more weeks/months before posting pictures, it might improve. 

To all the "consultants" of BHR, you have no permission to post any pictures without my permission on forums. 

I’m sorry, but if you do not allow the clinic to post a response or allow them to share images. I will need to remove this from public view. We cannot host one-way discussions. If you post something publicly, you’re expected to allow the clinic to post a response with photos publicly. I’ll await your response.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

20 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’m sorry, but if you do not allow the clinic to post a response or allow them to share images. I will need to remove this from public view. We cannot host one-way discussions. If you post something publicly, you’re expected to allow the clinic to post a response with photos publicly. I’ll await your response.

Melvin, as you probably don’t know seeing you never had surgery at BHR, I signed a contract with them, and in the contract there was an option saying to give BHR permission to share pictures on forums. 

You are the exact reason why I was hesitant to re start this topic, and seems I was right. Which I also told people in private who contacted me over DM. 

Edited by NTCP8

• Administrators
1 hour ago, NTCP8 said:

Melvin, as you probably don’t know seeing you never had surgery at BHR, I signed a contract with them, and in the contract there was an option saying to give BHR permission to share pictures on forums. 

You are the exact reason why I was hesitant to re start this topic, and seems I was right. Which I also told people in private who contacted me over DM. 

If you have concerns over the surgery, the appropriate thing is to allow the clinic to reply publicly. If you deny them that, then we only have one-side, which isn’t fair, nor is it transparent. So again, if you do not want to allow them to respond. I cannot in good-faith host a one-way discussion. 

Also, you have shared pictures here yourself. I don’t understand why you refuse to allow them to respond. If they maintain your privacy what’s the issue? 

If anyone has anything to say, say it publicly. After all, this is an open and transparent forum. If you refuse to allow them to respond. I will be forced to lock this thread and archive it. So, for the sake of transparency. I hope you reconsider. I’ll await your response.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Did I miss something? I thought he said BHR is not allowed to use his pictures on forum. He didn’t say anything about them replying on this thread. 

Quoting his statement: “To all the "consultants" of BHR, you have no permission to post any pictures without my permission on forums.‘

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

If you have concerns over the surgery, the appropriate thing is to allow the clinic to reply publicly. If you deny them that, the we only have one-side, which isn’t fair, nor is it transparent. So again, if you do not want to allow them to respond. I cannot in good-faith host a one-way discussion. 

If anyone has anything to say, say it publicly. After all, this is an open and transparent forum. If you refuse to allow them to respond. I will be forced to lock this thread and archive it. So, for the sake of transparency. I hope you reconsider. I’ll await your response.

As I said Melvin, I'm not posting any pictures till I know why I lost healthy hairs. I contacted BHR, I was not 100% satisfied with their reply, so I contacted other docs. Once I post pictures here, BHR can reply. 

If I'm convinced the surgery failed, and I have enough evidence it was a medical error, I will handle this in private. Thank god, I'm Belgian, and Belgium has great legal system which protects patients quite well. 

And again Melvin, I have a contract with them. If I state they can't post pictures on forums, that will not do that. Your response is a bit sad, but I expected this... 

Edited by NTCP8
  • Confused 1

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, NTCP8 said:

As I said Melvin, I'm not posting any pictures till I know why I lost healthy hairs. I contacted BHR, I was not 100% satisfied with their reply, so I contacted other docs. Once I post pictures here, BHR can reply. 

If I'm convinced the surgery failed, and I have enough evidence it was a medical error, I will handle this in private. Thank god, I'm Belgian, and Belgium has great legal system which protects patients quite well. 

And again Melvin, I have a contract with them. If I state they can't post pictures on forums, that will not do that. Your response is a bit sad, but I expected this... 

Actually, your response is sad. Why are you refusing to allow them to respond or share pictures? What are you hiding? Why don’t you be transparent. At this point, it’s clear you want this to be a one-sided story. We’re a transparent community. We aim to be fair and transparent.

If you have concerns, if you feel dissatisfied, why not post the full story. At this point, I’ll be locking this thread. I’ll archive it, if you decide to change your mind. Pm me and I’ll re-open this thread. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators

Locking this thread until OP allows the clinic to respond. I will leave this message for a few hours before archiving.

OP, if you decide to allow the clinic to respond, and if necessary present photos. Send me a pm and I’ll re-open this thread. 

If you’re posting pictures yourself, why would you deny the clinic to post a response or photos? That’s not transparent.  If you’re posting pictures publicly, the clinic should be allowed the same right, that is fair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

View my thread

• Administrators

I have contacted BHR in regard to this case, and the clinic have said that respecting the wishes of the patient and not disclosing any personal information, that photos shared at 10 months show optimal growth. A great result that showed no scalp and one which they would happily share on the forums themselves.

In mid April, shedding was reported which is less than 4 months ago and naturally any shedding will take time to recover.

The patient had expressed his belief that shedding had occurred at 10 months post surgery due to the trauma of surgery and placement amongst native hair.

Any shockloss of native hair due to the trauma of surgery would occur in the days and weeks after any procedure and not 10+ months after once optimal yield has occurred. Surgery is not able to have such an effect on timeline in terms of shedding and in 20 years of Dr. Bisanga performing surgery, he has never experienced such.

Shedding/telogen effluvium can be influenced by many factors, change of regimen of medication or any skin issues/inflammation, diet, stress, illness etc but growth was exemplary and photos shared by the patient show this.
The clinic have no control over potential shedding at 10+ months post surgery.

The patient has been advised of this.

In essence, a reply on forums usually involves photographic evidence along with explanation which BHR would be more than happy to do, but have been tied in that respect. However having advised the patient to remain in communication to share how his shed comes back in.

END QUOTE 

The only transparent way forward is to have both sides post replies with photos. That is the only way to see the full picture. That said, the member doesn’t want to, which is his right, but we cannot host on-way discussions. 

• Like 3

View my thread