What hair characteristics make you NOT a good candidate for HT?

I have very fine hair and I've stablilized my hair loss using finastiride and dutastiride. (Started balding at age 20, got on medication at 22, and now I'm 28.)  I'm essentially a Norwood 2 and would presumably need anywhere from 1200-1800 grafts for my hair transplants (just based on my own research of other patient's hair transplants). 

My question is what characteristics of your hair make you a bad candidate? Are there any specific types of hairs that would decrease the survival hair of my grafts?

(I am caucasian and very fine/thin hair)

Lack of good donor hair supply is a big one. Do you have pics of your hair you can share?

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

If you're only a Norwood 2 you should have plenty of viable donor hair.  That shouldn't be an issue at all.  28 is a little young in my opinion for a transplant.  You may want to consider waiting a few years and observe that pattern of baldness for a while.  Just a thought.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 5/22/2021 at 11:34 AM, stephcurry30 said:

I have very fine hair and I've stablilized my hair loss using finastiride and dutastiride. (Started balding at age 20, got on medication at 22, and now I'm 28.)  I'm essentially a Norwood 2 and would presumably need anywhere from 1200-1800 grafts for my hair transplants (just based on my own research of other patient's hair transplants). 

My question is what characteristics of your hair make you a bad candidate? Are there any specific types of hairs that would decrease the survival hair of my grafts?

(I am caucasian and very fine/thin hair)

Generally, very fine hair gives you more naturalness.  You would require more grafts but the results are typically phenomenal.

If you are a class 2, you would have no loss.  No need for meds.  You were balding? What exactly do you mean? on the crown? Temporal areas? Were you noticing hair on the pillow, sink? Be specific. Where exactly do you need grafts? Hairline? 

There are many reasons why a patient would not be a good candidate.  Dupa, a self immune system, no donor hair available.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.