4 month follow up with Dr. McGrath in Austin

13thRaider

December 14th I had my 4 month follow up with Dr. McGrath in Austin. Everything is looking great! He took new pics and showed the comparison on his computer. Wow! What a difference. He informed me that the hair growth that I have at this point is only about 20-25% of what I can expect. It is truly amazing to say the least. He had a very difficult time taking photos of the donor area on the back of my head because there is NO line. His results are the reason I chose him to do my surgery in the first place. He performed well beyond my expectations. If anyone is considering hair transplantation in Texas, please feel free to send me an email with any questions. I will send photos and updates. It will be my pleasure to help with something so important.

Take care!

Brandon Jackson

steelboss42@hotmail.com

Is it possible to create a hairblog and post your photos on the forums?? No offense, the post just sounds overtly positive, and I would like to see the work and not assume that the post was an advertisement or anything like that. Good luck, and hopefully we can see the results on the site soon.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 1 month later...

Overtly positive? My post is supposed to be positive. Why wouldn't I post a positive post when I am very, very happy with my results. As far as my photos, I haven't put them on here for a couple of reasons. One, I couldn't figure out how to size them down. Sounds stupid, but true. Second, I put my email on my posts so that anyone can contact me personally to discuss my results and ask questions of their own. I have emailed my photos to everyone that has requested them. Most want updated photos, so it is easier to just email them when requested. Sorry you feel like I am an advertisement. Actually, if you consider a very happy client advertisement, then that is what I will be.

Again, if anyone wants to see updated photos or have any questions please feel free to contact me.

13thRaider,

I'm pleased that you're happy with the work you've received from Dr. McGrath. Personally, I'd like to see some examples of his work since there really hasn't been any posted online.

If you're concerned about resizing your photos, why not create a patient website which has no size restrictions? It's the best way to share your experience and photos. I hope you'll consider sharing them publicly so we can all give you the congratulations you deserve.

Best wishes,

Bill

I will do that. I will form my own patient website. Thanks for the info on the photo size and such.

I will jump on it tomorrow. I am going to take some current photos for someone else so it will be the perfect time to do this.

Thanks!

Brandon

Well, let me set you straight. I am not Dr. McGrath. I am Brandon Jackson. I live in Waco, Tx. I had my procedure done in Aug '09. My hair is growing in great. I cannot see my donor scar, even though my hair is short. I thought that Dr. McGrath was great.

As a tattoo artist for over 18yrs, I can honestly say that I have been slammed for work that I should have been called out on. But, I have also been praised for work that I was truly proud of. My point, everyone is different. Everyone has to be prepared to take care of transplants, tattoo or whatever after you go home. Some bad results are at the fault of the artist, but many bad results are the fault of the customer that doesn't do what he should to get the best results possible.

If you don't like my story, then forget you have read it. Go back to reading your "butcher threads".