1250 graft FUE - 16 days after

Hey guys,

First time post here, been a lurker for a while. Had a FUE hairline transplant 16 days ago of 1250 grafts. Pretty happy with how its going in the front, already shedding (mostly on the left side, but some on the right too) but whatever. The donor area, however, is causing me a lot of concern. It was a relative small procedure of 1250 grafts, so I think there's no reason for it to be like this. The following photos were all taken on the same day (today after 16 days). Two picture of the donor area were taken with different lighting to showcase better.

Three questions:

1. Does the transplanted area look healthy? I modestly think it does, even if the left side is more shedded. There seems to be some grow in the small follicles.
  2. From what I understand, I'm going through some shock loss in the donor area, which sucks and is affecting my confidence more than my receding hairline was. This is bringing me down quite a lot. Is there anyway I can improve the donor area's recovery with some cream or whatever? My hair was all shaved off. The donor area is also quite itchy..
  3. If there's nothing I can do but wait to see if the shock loss is permanent, how long, from your experience, do you think it'll take until it at least looks normal (by my hair growth normally covering it)?

Thank you for your time reading this guys. Btw I'm not looking for sugar coated comments, you can give it to me straight. If it looks like bullcrap, just let me know.

EDIT: wow the second picture didnt look that blurry on my phone. sorry

IMG_20210501_160340.jpg

IMG_20210501_155604.jpg

IMG_20210501_155833.jpg

Edited by FkdUpHairline

Thank you for the reply!

EDIT: Forgot clinic. DHI Global in Portugal.

These are the pictures 3 days after the hair transplant (i don't have imediate pictures sorry)

3-3.jpg

3-2.jpg

3-1.png

Edited by FkdUpHairline

I don't see a high graft density, in my humble opinion.
As for the donor area, you will be able to evaluate it from the third month more or less, when the loss of shock loss will begin to return.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FkdUpHairline said:

Thank you. But it is the density expected from 1250 grafts for the area, correct?

Yes, in my opinion it should have been maybe 2000+ for the area. Will be low looking at the spacing of the grafts and the graft count itself. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Yes, in my opinion it should have been maybe 2000+ for the area. Will be low looking at the spacing of the grafts and the graft count itself. 

Thank you for your input. It was 2800 hairs in total, 1200+ something grafts. 

EDIT: anyways, does everything seem to be going nicely in the transplanted area, density aside?

Edited by FkdUpHairline

By the way, speaking about the density again, i still had a lot of hair on the sides of my hair, if you zoom in you can see a lot of tiny hairs that were not impanted, are natural. 

What I mean is, the area was not completely bald, specially on the sides.

EDIT: Really not trying to sound like I'm patting myself on the back, just trying to get the best input possible to manage my expectations.

Edited by FkdUpHairline

4 minutes ago, FkdUpHairline said:

Thank you for your input. It was 2800 hairs in total, 1200+ something grafts. 

EDIT: anyways, does everything seem to be going nicely in the transplanted area, density aside?

Yes nothing wrong with the healing/shedding. The redness will fade over time.

• Like 1

@Egy went to three different clinics, the two others quoted me on 1750 grafts and 2000. Heard from FUE theres a limit to what you can harvest, dont wanna do FUT every in my life, am young, they had that in consideration and said even if hairloss stabilized with medication, it might not have stabilized forever. The clinic showed me good realistic results on their website and opted for what seems to be a conservative approach towards donor depletion. That's why I chose them. If it was a good call or not I don't know.

1 minute ago, FkdUpHairline said:

@Egy went to three different clinics, the two others quoted me on 1750 grafts and 2000. Heard from FUE theres a limit to what you can harvest, dont wanna do FUT every in my life, am young, they had that in consideration and said even if hairloss stabilized with medication, it might not have stabilized forever. The clinic showed me good realistic results on their website and opted for what seems to be a conservative approach towards donor depletion. That's why I chose them. If it was a good call or not I don't know.

1750-2000 was needed imho. But all you can do now is wait until the 12 months and reassess. 

12 minutes ago, FkdUpHairline said:

went to three different clinics, the two others quoted me on 1750 grafts and 2000. Heard from FUE theres a limit to what you can harvest, dont wanna do FUT every in my life, am young, they had that in consideration and said even if hairloss stabilized with medication, it might not have stabilized forever. The clinic showed me good realistic results on their website and opted for what seems to be a conservative approach towards donor depletion. That's why I chose them. If it was a good call or not I don't know.

I just told you that choosing a clinic based on the photos they show on their site or from some YouTube video is wrong.  Did you know this forum before your procedure?

52 minutes ago, Egy said:

I just told you that choosing a clinic based on the photos they show on their site or from some YouTube video is wrong.  Did you know this forum before your procedure?

Yes mate, was a lurker before registering after HT.

I don't think it was stupid of me to want to preserve the donor area. I'm only 25. As much as a dense packed hairline was tempting., my hairline stabilized due to the meds, but it might've not forever. Being that FUT is out of the question, and I'm open to more FUE hair transplant in the future, I don't think I made the wrong decision, being that on average 4k FUE grafts is all you can give without being bald in the back. As you've said, it's healing nicely as expected except for the shock loss in the back.

Let's see how it goes, I'll keep my fingers crossed for my sake that it at least turns out to look decent.

• Like 1