Differences in Minoxidil sources?

TorontoMan

This topic has likely been repeated plenty of times, but I thought I'd ask again in case there are new sources for min.

I currently alternate between Rogaine 5% foam, and the "DualGen 5 with PG" from Minoxidil Max. My question is, do you guys have other sources for minoxidil that you trust and are affordable? 

Does anyone have any experience with the Kirkland brand and is it any different from what you would get from Rogaine? Both Foam and liquid?

Lastly, has anyone here used Minoxidildirect.com?

Thanks

• Administrators

I'm really interested in this as well. I used to vouch for Lipogaine, but it's pretty much garbage at this point. Irritates the scalp and makes your hair greasy. Just a sub-par product from what it used to be years ago. For me the foam was useless. All it did was coat my hair but didn't penetrate. The liquid I found penetrates my scalp, but it would be good to get a fast-drying solution. Calling all doctors, I think there's a need for good minoxidil that doesn't make your hair greasy and dries quickly.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

38 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I'm really interested in this as well. I used to vouch for Lipogaine, but it's pretty much garbage at this point. Irritates the scalp and makes your hair greasy. Just a sub-par product from what it used to be years ago. For me the foam was useless. All it did was coat my hair but didn't penetrate. The liquid I found penetrates my scalp, but it would be good to get a fast-drying solution. Calling all doctors, I think there's a need for good minoxidil that doesn't make your hair greasy and dries quickly.

have you tried using those hair headband things or maybe they're called holders? To hold the hair parted and then apply the foam in between the parted hair? I do that in about 5 sections and i feel at least like it helps the foam penetrate the scalp better. 

As for liquid, I've been using minoxidil max, but i don't know how to verify the legitimacy of their products. I was considering looking into the kirkland brand for liquid version