Couto, Baubac or Yaker --- Who Do I Choose?

I'm strongly considering 3 surgeons for my next hair transplant. They are, Couto, Babauc and Yaker from Texas. If anyone here would like to express their feelings about these docs please do. Appreciate it.

13 hours ago, qui bono said:

Couto has a very long waiting list and seems selective of the patients he takes on. Not many patient verified result available here so you might have to check out the Spanish forums instead. @mustangwent to him and another patient recently started a thread about him though.

Baubac makes his patients sign NDA's before surgery and has been recycling the same clinic postings for years, so the only way you'll see any patient results is if you talk to guys behind the scenes (*cough cough red flag*). JT recommends him but apparently has never met him in person/only did a phone interview. I did a consult with his rep and they kept trying to tell me I should lower my hairline to look like Brad Pitt when I just wanted a simple hairline repair. Sigh. I believe Alvi Armani tried to sue this website as well. Short answer - AVOID.

Never heard of Yaker sadly.

Any reason why youre only focused on these 3 docs? 

Hey hello,

Appreciate your insights into these docs.

However I'm at a loss to understand your question as to why I'm focused on these docs. I believe their results answers it.

Seems as though people here dont like Baubac for whatever reason. Very strange.

I saw a vid by joe tilman expounding upon the work of doc Yaker. Seems capable but want to make sure hes a good match for me since I havent read any info about him here.

Edited by deanro

I reached out to Dr. Cuoto via email a few days ago and got this reply:

Unfortunately, due to this whole COVID situation, we are long overdue and have decided to close all kinds of inquiries until we can catch up.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Even prior to that people said his wait time for a consultation was months away and he was booked for years in advance for surgeries. 
Edited by GiveMeFUE

9 hours ago, deanro said:

Seems as though people here dont like Baubac for whatever reason. Very strange.

https://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/topic/dr.-armani-lawsuit-against-the-hair-transplant-network/473

• Like 1

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

9 hours ago, GiveMeFUE said:
I reached out to Dr. Cuoto via email a few days ago and got this reply:

Unfortunately, due to this whole COVID situation, we are long overdue and have decided to close all kinds of inquiries until we can catch up.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Even prior to that people said his wait time for a consultation was months away and he was booked for years in advance for surgeries. 

YOUVE GOT TO BE KIDDING DUDE!!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There goes my future goals. Thank you covid, really appreciate the shit world you created for everyone.

1 hour ago, shami26 said:

Appreciate this. But wasn't the lawsuit targeted at the late dr. Armani and not Dr Baubac? At least that's the impression I get from the info, I could be wrong though.

Not to defend the armani clinic since I'm talking from the sidelines here, but I have come across on this forum mods who have booted out users simply for voicing their honest opinions of clinics/docs which to me and most of the world I find hypocritical as a 1st amendment defender the forum claims in the link to uphold.

My honest 2 cents, take it for what its worth.

Edited by deanro

8 hours ago, qui bono said:

They are cherry picked by to show off a surgeons talents but they might not be representative of their wider work.

But isnt that what all ht clinics do anyway?

If picking these docs is solely based on JT's recommendation that might be a problem as well as he gets paid to promote them, and while JT does promote some good docs he doesnt bother investigating them properly (and in the case of Baubac hasn't even met him). This is like deciding to marry a girl whose picture youve only ever seen from tinder, and given hair transplants are for life it maybe requires a little dating first before deciding to go down to the jewellery store and get that engagement ring.

Makes perfect sense. Couldnt have put it better myself. Looks like I'll have to dig deeper into the forum to research more clinics, docs and patient experiences before convincingly pointing my index finger at a ht doc before sealing the deal.

Thanks for the well informed info !

Edited by deanro

17 hours ago, qui bono said:

That was the previous moderator who no longer works here. That moderator spent 2 weeks in private chat blaming me and using any excuse they could trying to defend a doctor who did some really unethical stuff against me. Things have changed.

No, thats not it! The mod that has booted and harshly criticized those users voicing their honesty I still see on here.

Nonetheless I greatly appreciate your time and help.

Edited by deanro

• Administrators

@deanroI have never booted anyone for simply voicing their opinion. You can choose who you want too, but your statement about our forum is false. I’ve seen you take digs at our forum a few times. If you don’t value our forum, you’re free to leave

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.