Seborrheic Dermatitis and Hair Transplant

Hi, 

I suffer from a condition called Seborrheic Dermatitis it is similar to psoriasis where there is like dandruff scaling on my head, i control this by using 2% ketoconazole shampoo and a healthy diet, Has anyone on this forum who suffer from this gotten a hair transplant and what their experience was. Is it going to affect my procedure and success rate? Would love to hear from you. 

As of right now the two choices i have for clinics are Welfare Abroad and Vera, if people have any other recommendations then im open ears. Thank you for your time!

Hi 👋

Yes I have it too, and it’s not affected any of my x5 Hair Transplants. Please cross out your current choices of clinics. You can do so much better than these ! Some awful results from them. 
Please consider Dr Bicer as a much better choice. Lots of forum results and she is currently being considered for a recommendation. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Hi 👋

Yes I have it too, and it’s not affected any of my x5 Hair Transplants. Please cross out your current choices of clinics. You can do so much better than these ! Some awful results from them. 
Please consider Dr Bicer as a much better choice. Lots of forum results and she is currently being considered for a recommendation. 

Thank you so much for your reply and recommendation. Glad to hear it has not affected you, i will definitely consider your recommendation. Im pretty new to all of this so i appreciate the guidance. TC!

• Like 2

First, welcome to the community.

I'll echo what John stated. I have patients with SD and they've achieved great results from their hair transplants. I don't know about the clinics you've mentioned. The link John posted has stellar surgeons. 

Where are you located and are you restricted by geography? 

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

I'll echo what John stated. I have patients with SD and they've achieved great results from their hair transplants. I don't know about the clinics you've mentioned. The link John posted has stellar surgeons. 

I'm located in Texas currently and the prices in the U.S are just a bit too expensive for me that is why i was looking to outside locations. Would love any recommendations you have. Thank you!

• Like 1

Cool. Check out the list John posted. You'll find a wide variety in terms of pricing from the recommended surgeons. The one constant is that these recommended surgeons consistently do stellar work. Don't let cost be a deterrent though because you'll end up paying more and suffering if you only allow cost to be a deciding factor (I'm sure you know this, but I wanted to reiterate it since I see a lot of patients with botched surgeries who only looked at price and not quality/ethics of their surgeon). 

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Is there anything in specific that needs to be done before or after the surgery if one has SD?

1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

Hi 👋

Is there anything in specific that needs to be done before or after the surgery if one has SD? What treatments do u use to control it?

39 minutes ago, deeznuts said:

I think I watched a video by Dr. Bisanga that talks about this. I believe he said something along the lines of just keeping it under control and you should be okay. Maybe consult a dermatologist

Yes went and found that video topic, you can watch it here: