Anyone heard of them?

I notice on this doctor's website that he's still doing scalp reductions and mini and micro grafts as well as FU's. All the good docs have abandonded scalp reductions and mini/micro grafts in favor of FU's. I also notice that this doctor makes a statement that "ten of thousands of men have hair transplants every day" this statement is very dubious at best. I've already had my transplant using all FU's but, if I were still looking to have one done, I wouldn't even consider a doctor that still does scalp reductions---my advise ---stay away from this clinic.

I agree with everything in FedUp77's post.

The website looks cheesey with lines about "The magic of hair transplantation".

Look at the article called Best Hair Transplant which can be found on the Hair Transplant Network home page. That is a good condensed explanation of the state of the art strip approach. Make sure that if you get a strip excision transplant, that the clinic uses binocular microscopes to dissect the grafts, and that they do not use any larger grafts. You want only Follicular Unit micrografts, that have been microscopically trimmed. If Dr. Gauvin does not use that exact approach, look elsewhere.

By the way, are you (Brando19) only 19 years old? If so, you are almost certainly too young. You should be using medication for your hair loss, and should not get any surgery at that age.

Arfy, I am 20 years old. I am not losing any hair (as of yet) but my hairline has always been a U shape. I want to get that corrected and I've been in contact with Dr Cooley in Charlotte. He said 1000 grafts would be enough for what I want and Propecia. Dr Gauvin is who I found on the web and was interested, but they didnt require a consultation...they wanted to book me for surgery without seeing me first. That didn't seem right at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>they wanted to book me for surgery without seeing me first. That didn't seem right at all. YIKES...Run, Forrest, run!

LOL...I know. I actually booked an appt. with them because I was ignorant to hair transplantation. Luckily, I found this forum and cancelled immediately. I did alot of research and found Dr Cooley on here.