DO NOT RUSH into Surgery- Step by Step Guide How To Research

• Administrators

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, nicoandgello said:

Hey, do you know if patients can go to clinic for scrabs removal? I would be scared to do that myself and it seems like it's important post op thing. Thanks.

You can, if you’re close to the clinic. But it’s pretty easy to do, just let conditioner soak in the scabs and gently rub the scabs off.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 minute ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You can, if you’re close to the clinic. But it’s pretty easy to do, just let conditioner soak in the scabs and gently rub the scabs off.

You had your surgery with dr. Diep right? Do you know if his clinic offers that?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, nicoandgello said:

You had your surgery with dr. Diep right? Do you know if his clinic offers that?

Yes, his clinic offers that, but I did it on my own.

View my thread

• Moderators

I think most clinics will do free cleanings during the first week or two. Just make sure you ask ahead of time so they can schedule a time for you to come in. You don't want to just pop in unannounced and expect them to be ready for you... especially with this Covid situation going on.

I personally prefer going back the day after the procedure for them to take a look at it and do the first cleaning. The last time they found a graft that was popping out and they were able to put it back in. After that it's not too hard to take care of it yourself.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

20 hours ago, BeHappy said:

I think most clinics will do free cleanings during the first week or two. Just make sure you ask ahead of time so they can schedule a time for you to come in. You don't want to just pop in unannounced and expect them to be ready for you... especially with this Covid situation going on.

I personally prefer going back the day after the procedure for them to take a look at it and do the first cleaning. The last time they found a graft that was popping out and they were able to put it back in. After that it's not too hard to take care of it yourself.

Thanks, transplant is still far away for me as I am just 20 right now. Will prolly wait till 23 24 and get some smaller FUT.