donor laxity as well as donor density

Hey Sando.

Im sure that somebody else can explain this better than myself, but here is a quick rundwon.

Donor density is the density of your hair in the donor(back and side) areas. Your own personal characteristics play a huge part. The laxity, is more regarding your actual skin. How much "give" your skin allows, which assists in how wide a donor area can be made (therefore harvesting more grafts), whilst keeping the scar variable low.

Hope this helps you understand. Yet for sure, a little more research on this site will explain all.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Raphael is right on.

Density requires you to look at the donor area, you could use a mirror, or just ask your doctor as you may not have any comparison in your mind's eye. Laxity you can feel if you try to compress your donor region with your fingers with your head in normal position (not leaned back). If you can pinch the skin together its better than if you can't.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians