Good doctors

Cmike

Hi guys, I’m just getting into this process and would much appreciate some help as I don’t know very much about hair transplants. I’m 23 years old and Norwood 2, I just want to even out my hairline as I was born with high temple points. I Should only need about 500-800 grafts. Does anyone know of any good doctors around the Cleveland Ohio area, or any other close states. Willing to travel. 

• Administrators

Are you sure you were born with high temple points and they’re not receding? Have you gone and looked at your pictures when you were a child?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Are you sure you were born with high temple points and they’re not receding? Have you gone and looked at your pictures when you were a child?

Yeah in pictures when I was younger I had higher temple points than most kids and was always insecure about it. They’ve definitely moved back a little bit, but my guess is that’s just my mature hairline. I haven’t noticed any progression for a while. Getting started on finasteride pretty soon just to play it safe 

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you've got a mature hairline based on that photo. I wouldn't get a hair transplant. Are you on finasteride and minoxidil?

If you'd like, you should consult with the recommended surgeons:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you've got a mature hairline based on that photo. I wouldn't get a hair transplant. Are you on finasteride and minoxidil?

If you'd like, you should consult with the recommended surgeons:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN

Hi doc, did you get to look at all 3 pictures I uploaded? I’m new to this app and want to make sure I didn’t screw anything up 

You have awesome hair. With just a maturing hairline, which is very normal. Definitely don’t need a hair transplant. You would have the risk of shocking out the existing hair. You  have such good density in your native hair a transplant wouldn’t come close to matching it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

You have awesome hair. With just a maturing hairline, which is very normal. Definitely don’t need a hair transplant. You would have the risk of shocking out the existing hair. You  have such good density in your native hair a transplant wouldn’t come close to matching it. 

Wow, thank you guys so much for the support, I didn’t even think anyone would see my post! Yeah I didn’t really want to spend the money on a transplant, I’ve just always been insecure about my hairline and wanted to be corrected. Guess I’ll just save my money! Any idea how many grafts I would need? I’m curious as I have no idea cuz I’m new to this 

13 minutes ago, Cmike said:

Wow, thank you guys so much for the support, I didn’t even think anyone would see my post! Yeah I didn’t really want to spend the money on a transplant, I’ve just always been insecure about my hairline and wanted to be corrected. Guess I’ll just save my money! Any idea how many grafts I would need? I’m curious as I have no idea cuz I’m new to this 

You have awesome hair. Yeah, I just saw the 3 pictures. It was initially showing only 1 picture. Definitely no need for a hair transplant. It looks like a mature hairline. I would definitely consider a topical solution of finasteride/minoxidil. I use Morr F and it works well for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

You have awesome hair. Yeah, I just saw the 3 pictures. It was initially showing only 1 picture. Definitely no need for a hair transplant. It looks like a mature hairline. I would definitely consider a topical solution of finasteride/minoxidil. I use Morr F and it works well for me. 

Awesome! I will definitely talk to my doctor about monoxidal. A little hesitant to start it because I have high blood pressure and palpitations already. 

13 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

I've seen you post earlier today and you claimed topical finasteride is without any side effects. Is there any scientific literature to this claim? How does it work to not go systemic, while remain effective?

10 minutes ago, Cmike said:

Awesome! I will definitely talk to my doctor about monoxidal. A little hesitant to start it because I have high blood pressure and palpitations already. 

I was referring to topical minoxidil. It isn't systemically absorbed so there are virtually no side effects. But definitely consult with your doctor.

4 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

I've seen you post earlier today and you claimed topical finasteride is without any side effects. Is there any scientific literature to this claim? How does it work to not go systemic, while remain effective?

Certainly. Topical finasteride is more localized at the scalp area. Please see:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6609098/

https://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(12)01727-6/fulltext

1 hour ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Certainly. Topical finasteride is more localized at the scalp area. Please see:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6609098/

https://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(12)01727-6/fulltext

Both of those are only one week studies, and the jaad article concludes:

After multiple dose treatment, plasma DHT was reduced by 68-75% with P-3074, and by 62-72% with oral finasteride. These findings show that the reduction in plasma DHT is comparable between 7-day treatment course of P-3074 or 1 mg oral finasteride, albeit the significantly lower finasteride plasma levels after multiple doses of P-3074.

Their P-3074 (topical fin) reduced 68-75% while oral 1mg fin reduced 62-72% of plasma dht. Thats virtually the same result, how would we expect less side effects if that much inhibition is still taking place. Have you personally done blood work over a long period of time to see how your DHT levels have flactuated?

• Administrators
On 1/25/2021 at 2:06 PM, Cmike said:

65716541-08A7-4417-9810-1621A61DDF35.png

580B8AD4-7479-4009-92CF-CD064D0543EF.png

A7F8D0D2-E0DF-4DF7-B14F-6CB2B3A2941F.png

Well, that’s definitely some minor recession. There’s no way you were born with receded temples. Forget about surgery and get on finasteride and minoxidil. Preserve what you got, it looks good. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Well, that’s definitely some minor recession. There’s no way you were born with receded temples. Forget about surgery and get on finasteride and minoxidil. Preserve what you got, it looks good. 

I’ve always had a U shaped hairline, just not as noticeable when I was younger compared to now. Also what Norwood level would you say I’m at?

Edited by Cmike

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Cmike said:

I’ve always had a U shaped hairline, just not as noticeable when I was younger compared to now. Also what Norwood level would you say I’m at?

Well, if it’s progressed, then it’s progressing due to MPB. Definitely get on medication, instead of being in denial. I would say Norwood 1.5. 

View my thread

4 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Well, if it’s progressed, then it’s progressing due to MPB. Definitely get on medication, instead of being in denial. I would say Norwood 1.5. 

Yeah I’m definitely going to get on finasteride pretty soon. Thanks for you help. You don’t think it could just be a mature hairline ?

• Like 2

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Cmike said:

Yeah I’m definitely going to get on finasteride pretty soon. Thanks for you help. You don’t think it could just be a mature hairline ?

Well, a mature hairline is balding, just slowly. If you were 43, then yea I’d say mature hairline. At 23, it’s definitely gonna get worse, if left untreated. 

• Like 1

View my thread