Calling all bodyhair transplant patients??

It depends what part of the body you're getting it from. Beard hair will grow more quickly and will usually be more thick too. What area of your body are you getting the hair from?

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

47 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

It depends what part of the body you're getting it from. Beard hair will grow more quickly and will usually be more thick too. What area of your body are you getting the hair from?

Beard.  But I'm curious to know how quickly chest hairs grow too

• Moderators

I always hear that one reason you don't get as much density from body hair grafts as you do with scalp grafts is because body hair grafts are almost all single hair. Here's an enlarged picture of my abdomen about a week after having body hair grafts removed. I circled some of the two hair grafts still remaining and this is after a lot of grafts were removed. You can see all the redness from the FUE.

468586966_ScreenShot2021-01-24at8_05_30AM.png.e135c2d7de9817c9bfb878a5f5a47f5b.png

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

For me I feel like it's maybe a month behind scalp grafts. Whatever growth there would be if it was scalp grafts then the body grafts will be at that point a month later, so it's not that big a change. I can say after 13 months I was still seeing some minor improvement.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

42 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

I always hear that one reason you don't get as much density from body hair grafts as you do with scalp grafts is because body hair grafts are almost all single hair

But the beard hairs are twice as thick as the scalp hairs, so that cancels it out again

• Like 1