Hard Water Hair Loss

Hi All,

I have been regular reader of the forum and 1st time contributor.

Before I post my question, I just wanted to appreciate all the great work that everybody over here is doing. It's amazing how much knowledge and help you guys give.

Let's move to my question.

I moved to US, 3 yrs back. Before moving here, I had good thickness. Over the period, I have found, hairs are thinning. Is this anything to do with Hard water bath? I bath with regular shower water everyday and over-the head. (Water falling on hairs)

Just curious.

Propecia 1mg ,

Rogain 2 times a day

Behind Every balding head there is balding soul

Balding Heart

BH i yhink you might have something here, i llive in london and the water is very hard but ialso trvel every month to KL in malaysia,

there the water is soft and my hair looks better and i dontlose so much soon as i get back in the smoke (london) my scalp is flaky and irattible ,

any one elsehave this

Guest wanthairs

Apichai---

I lived in London for years and noticed the same thing. Whenever I would leave and come to Florida or other tropical climates my hair immediately became softer and more wavy and looked much better after a couple of days. I dont know if this is just because of differences in humidity

The hard water is not contributing to the hair loss. Remember, for the most part, it is genes and luck.

The water characteristics will however alter the greases that you remove with showering and put back in with conditioners and gels after showering, giving the appearance of more or less hair quality.

Lastly, that hair that we all value so much is just the dead epithelial waste product of healthy follicles. The hard water can alter the hair's stylability, but not the follicle itself.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians