Minox After HT

It has already been discussed in another thread on this question, some say that you can start using Minoxidil immediately after the ht, while others say that it is better to wait for better healing of the scalp.  In my opinion, it depends on the type of Minoxidil you intend to use, if it is the foam one, you can also start using it, if it is the lotion, it is better to wait a little longer because the latter contains alcohol and could irritate your skin  scalp.

2 hours ago, Thomas107 said:

Hello, i‘m now 20 days post OP and i now want to start using minoxidil.

Is it to early? Or can i start now using it?

A lot of Drs/Clinics suggest it’s ok after 14 days. However your own Dr might have their own pre op instructions. Worth asking what they recommend. 

It's best not to use any chemicals in the early stages. 

Minoxidil contains alcohol, it dries the skin and in general not helping it heal adequately.

I asked my little grafts and they said, ugh, no, they want to abstain from alcohol for a whole month. I take oral minoxidil tho.

Edited by UnbaldEagle

12 hours ago, Egy said:

It has already been discussed in another thread on this question, some say that you can start using Minoxidil immediately after the ht, while others say that it is better to wait for better healing of the scalp.  In my opinion, it depends on the type of Minoxidil you intend to use, if it is the foam one, you can also start using it, if it is the lotion, it is better to wait a little longer because the latter contains alcohol and could irritate your skin  scalp.

Both products contain alcohol derivatives and even butane.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I believe the liquid form has more alcohol based derivatives than the foam version.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

That's the time frame most clinics advise for post-op use.

Gillenator