CGF or PRP

Hi guys,

I was given a CGF boost during my transplant surgery on Thursday. I think it is similar to PRP treatment although I'm not fully sure of its details. I think it involves stem cells. I was told by my surgeon its a good idea to get 3 shots of this CGF treatment. Once a month over the space of 3 months or thereabouts.

Can anyone tell me is CGF any good? Is it worth investing in? What exactly is it lol?

2 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Hi guys,

I was given a CGF boost during my transplant surgery on Thursday. I think it is similar to PRP treatment although I'm not fully sure of its details. I think it involves stem cells. I was told by my surgeon its a good idea to get 3 shots of this CGF treatment. Once a month over the space of 3 months or thereabouts.

Can anyone tell me is CGF any good? Is it worth investing in? What exactly is it lol?

It pretty much works the same way as PRP or PRF. They draw your blood, then it's broken down to several components, like CGF as in concentrated growth factors, PRP as platelet rich plasma and PRF as platelet rich fibrin.  CGF is particularly effective and used in treating skin-related issues, while PRF and PRP is mostly administered for hair loss issues, although not solely. They all boost collagen production, assist in soft tissue regeneration, wound healing, etc, therefore CGF can only be beneficial imo to the outcome of the transplant. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

It pretty much works the same way as PRP or PRF. They draw your blood, then it's broken down to several components, like CGF as in concentrated growth factors, PRP as platelet rich plasma and PRF as platelet rich fibrin.  CGF is particularly effective and used in treating skin-related issues, while PRF and PRP is mostly administered for hair loss issues, although not solely. They all boost collagen production, assist in soft tissue regeneration, wound healing, etc, therefore CGF can only be beneficial imo to the outcome of the transplant. 

Wow, man! You know your s**t! I'm impressed 😛 Thanks for this awesome input. Do you reckon CGF is pretty good? I live in Ireland so its probably expensive here (like everything). I had my transplant and immediate shot of CGF in Poland.

15 hours ago, Rossybop said:

Wow, man! You know your s**t! I'm impressed 😛 Thanks for this awesome input. Do you reckon CGF is pretty good? I live in Ireland so its probably expensive here (like everything). I had my transplant and immediate shot of CGF in Poland.

What I recommend is having a PRP for the transplant areas in a month, will provide faster growth. 

Yeah, I know what you mean, I'll have mine in the UK in January and it costs something like £300.

I think it's worth it though. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

What I recommend is having a PRP for the transplant areas in a month, will provide faster growth. 

Yeah, I know what you mean, I'll have mine in the UK in January and it costs something like £300.

I think it's worth it though. 

Cool. Ok man cheers. I think I might look into this. Thanks.

• Like 1