Topical Finasteride with oral Finasteride

Hi friends

I have some question about Finasteride. I am using topical Minoxidilmax (6% Min + 0.05% Fin)  twice a day . ( In total it is equivalent to 1mg of Fin a day) .

Can I combine  This topical Finasteride  with oral Finasteride 0.25 mg  or 0.5mg a day for  better blocking the DHT?

Thanks 

I take oral dutasteride + topical finasteride (minox + fin combo).
No side effects but no results either i.e. hairloss seems to have slowed down remarkably but no regrowth :(
Unfortunately I might either be a non-responder or have a highly DHT sensitive scalp.

9 minutes ago, pr2969 said:

Hi friends

I have some question about Finasteride. I am using topical Minoxidilmax (6% Min + 0.05% Fin)  twice a day . ( In total it is equivalent to 1mg of Fin a day) .

Can I combine  This topical Finasteride  with oral Finasteride 0.25 mg  or 0.5mg a day for  better blocking the DHT?

Thanks 

I'm taking that exact same product...I do once per day 3 times a week, with one oral pill a week just to ease the transition. 

I think you just need to try with and without the pill and maybe take photos to track if there's a change.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

19 hours ago, pr2969 said:

Thanks . So let me understand you use Minoxidilmax twice a day 3 times a week, and oral pill once a week?  

Not twice, just once... minoxidil max 6% minoxidil with 0.5% finasteride once a day, three times a week, and usually one or two oral pills.

I've only been doing this since October so haven't really got it all worked out yet...I don't think it's good to make drastic changes so I've tried to still do some rogaine foam and oral pill just while my body gets used to the new stuff.

After my 3 month supply is over I'm moving to the stronger 7% minoxidil and 1% fin - that will probably be once a day 5 times a week and no oral pill.

How long have you been buying from minoxidil max?

To your original question - you don't want to put too much finasteride in your body so I wouldn't take that oral pill any more than once a week if you're still doing topical.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Thanks for your response.  I have been using Minoxidilmax since September.  Twice a day to get the recommended dose of 1 mg finasteride and minoxidil a day.  I thought of trying the stronger product you mentioned as well, but ... I tested the ingredients that are there in addition to minoxidil and finistrid.  The additional substances have serious side effects if used over time.  After reading about the side effects from the ingredients I decided to stick with what I use today and only add 0.25 or 0.5 mg finistrid pill once or twice a week to increase DHT blockage.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 11:08 AM, tressful11 said:

I take oral dutasteride + topical finasteride (minox + fin combo).
No side effects but no results either i.e. hairloss seems to have slowed down remarkably but no regrowth :(
Unfortunately I might either be a non-responder or have a highly DHT sensitive scalp.

If your hair loss has significantly slowed down...you responded well.

Not many guys experience new hair growth from taking the medication, especially guys over 30 years of age...having said that, the primary purpose of taking the medication is to stabilize the loss.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 12/4/2020 at 1:23 PM, pr2969 said:

Thanks for your response.  I have been using Minoxidilmax since September.  Twice a day to get the recommended dose of 1 mg finasteride and minoxidil a day.  I thought of trying the stronger product you mentioned as well, but ... I tested the ingredients that are there in addition to minoxidil and finistrid.  The additional substances have serious side effects if used over time.  After reading about the side effects from the ingredients I decided to stick with what I use today and only add 0.25 or 0.5 mg finistrid pill once or twice a week to increase DHT blockage.

Really? Damn... thanks for letting me know. Your solution sounds good to me.