Debating Dr Bernstein (Shaver) in NY, Boden & Cohen in CT

Search the forum for results from H&W and compare with Your other choices. From what I have seen over the years is stellar results from H&W and in the cases of FUT practically invisible Scars. Beautiful hairlines too. 
Not taking anything away from Bernstein though, they did pioneer FUT

Edited by JohnAC71

Always a good idea to consult with at least 3 Drs/Clinics. Your choosing elite Drs. Konior does have a pretty long waiting list usually. Impressed as your choosing the best and not asking based on $$$ 😀

How large a FUT are your thinking approx? Are you able to share any pics of your current situation? 

• Administrators

I have been really impressed with Dr. Shaver, her ethics are top notch, her results look great as well. Check out my interview with her last month. I'm not too familiar with the other names, but I think you're in safe hands with Dr. Shaver.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

20 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Hasson & Wong are arguably the best you can get! If it’s a option for you then yes why not go for it ! 

Question for you and the group - H&W get a lot of love on this forum. I myself have a date with them, but Canada is not looking good for the foreseeable future...like to the point where discouragement is setting in. 

But since my date keeps moving out, I've had a chance to take a step back and analyze (and criticize) my decision making process.

So here's the question: WHAT is it that makes H&W the best? What competitive advantage do they have over everyone else that (in today's climate) makes it worth waiting for the border to re-open? I feel like I've done tons of research over 3+ years and consulted with 5+ of top tier doctors from this forum, but I'd like to hear from people smarter than me with clear datapoints that support the argument of why they are considered the best. (and to talk me down from going to another Doctor - Konior and Gable)

Is it they have more techs who are skilled enough to do megasessions? Is it because they are more ethical? Can they pack denser grafts?

Looking forward to your responses! 

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, FuriousGeorge said:

Question for you and the group - H&W get a lot of love on this forum. I myself have a date with them, but Canada is not looking good for the foreseeable future...like to the point where discouragement is setting in. 

But since my date keeps moving out, I've had a chance to take a step back and analyze (and criticize) my decision making process.

So here's the question: WHAT is it that makes H&W the best? What competitive advantage do they have over everyone else that (in today's climate) makes it worth waiting for the border to re-open? I feel like I've done tons of research over 3+ years and consulted with 5+ of top tier doctors from this forum, but I'd like to hear from people smarter than me with clear datapoints that support the argument of why they are considered the best. (and to talk me down from going to another Doctor - Konior and Gable)

Is it they have more techs who are skilled enough to do megasessions? Is it because they are more ethical? Can they pack denser grafts?

They have a long, possibly the longest history of producing excellent results, and on high Norwoods. Now, I’m not gonna say any clinic is the best, because I think there are clinics that are best suited for specific patients. But there history and track record is what makes them so desirable.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

4 minutes ago, FuriousGeorge said:

Did you feel you got the same result from your recent experience with Dr Bloxham?

kinda comparing apples to oranges. with H&W the plan was to do 3000-3500 FUE. Dr. Bloxham went 2600 FUT. also it’s hard to compare because i don’t know how far back to my mid scalp H&W would’ve gone.

with that being said... yes I am very please with how the grafts are packed from Dr. Bloxham. the front 3-4 rows of the hairline are super densely packed

• Thanks 1

I highly recommend that you look into @Dr Blake Bloxham

His results are amazing and he's highly recommended here too.

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar
  • Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

On 11/10/2020 at 9:48 PM, JohnAC71 said:

Always a good idea to consult with at least 3 Drs/Clinics. Your choosing elite Drs. Konior does have a pretty long waiting list usually. Impressed as your choosing the best and not asking based on $$$ 😀

How large a FUT are your thinking approx? Are you able to share any pics of your current situation? 

I'm less concerned with the cost and more concerned with the outcome.  I'm a norwood 6.  

On 11/10/2020 at 10:54 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I have been really impressed with Dr. Shaver, her ethics are top notch, her results look great as well. Check out my interview with her last month. I'm not too familiar with the other names, but I think you're in safe hands with Dr. Shaver.

thanks!  I've met w her and she seems great, extremely knowledgeable.  

On 11/11/2020 at 6:04 PM, FuriousGeorge said:

I've been told by other top notch doctors the stats they quote on the "megasessions" are misleading and I think double counting in some way 

13 hours ago, BespokeHair said:

I've been told by other top notch doctors the stats they quote on the "megasessions" are misleading and I think double counting in some way 

This is the first time I’ve heard this about H&W and feel they have a good reputation of being highly ethical.....but any loyalty/bias aside it’s a good thought in general -  can you elaborate further? It’s a good point in how each doctor/clinic chooses to quantify grafts. 

• Administrators
On 11/13/2020 at 6:53 AM, FuriousGeorge said:

This is the first time I’ve heard this about H&W and feel they have a good reputation of being highly ethical.....but any loyalty/bias aside it’s a good thought in general -  can you elaborate further? It’s a good point in how each doctor/clinic chooses to quantify grafts. 

There is absolutely no reason to believe hearsay and nonsense. There’s zero proof other than “I’ve heard.” There’s a problem with this going on here, and the forum shouldn’t listen to hearsay. 

• Thanks 1

View my thread