If you are considering a HT, what is making you not jump the gun yet?

I've been researching the topic of HT for about 20 years (since I was a teen and started to notice my temples getting wider and forehead bigger overall), and back then HTs would look very unnatural so I thought it would be better to assume the "I'm balding look" with pride instead of walking around with something weird in my head that would scream this dude had a HT. The balding look is bad but it has one pro side that it at least looks natural. 

Then later on I started to notice there was some multiplication/cloning research going on  promising a product on the market in only 3-5 years so thought I could wait some years for that and get a full blown restoration. 

Fast forward to 2020 and all HM/HC attempts miserably failed, and at the same time I learnt that HTs, specially FUE, has evolved a lot in the last years, being able to produce results that I thought would be impossible to ever be achieved via HT

This made me interested in HTs again and after researching about the topic on the Internet for some months I'm now considering having one. So why haven't I decided to jump the gun yet?

Well the reason is that while there are clinics boasting excellent results in forums and in social media, I know that these results are the absolute top ones from them, and that the average ones must be considerably worse. Not only that but I'm noticing here on the forum that even when going to clinics with a good track record, there are out of luck people that actually get kinda of bad results. Nothing terrible, but nothing average good either. 

And I'm afraid I could end up being one of those unlucky people that ends up getting subpar/bellow average results. And  this will only makes matters worse for me by making my scalp looking less natural and making me deplete my donor area, while still looking bald. 

So this is my main reason for not jumping the gun yet. Would love to hear the reasons for the other forum members in the same situation.

Edited by JohnBob

• JohnBob changed the title to If you are considering a HT, what is making you not jump the gun yet?

Hi it is a very daunting experience having a HT and no clinic I know of will guarantee a result. You can only do you due diligence and research, research, research and find a Dr. you trust to work on your hair. The longer you leave it especially without any medication regaine finasteride etc the worse your donar will be. That's just my opinion. Hopefully someone with more experience can give you the answer your looking for. But sometimes we regret not taking action. Personally I've had my HT yesterday. I was considering it for long enough and I'm glad it's done. I've no idea how the end result will be but fingers crossed its the result I want. But sitting in the Drs office they do make you sign a form acknowledging there is no guarantee. 

I guess the real question is not do I want to get a hair transplant.  The real question is am a I willing and able to have two or three procedures if necessary to get the results I want.  Which could eat up 3-5 years of your life in ugly duckling limbo.  Once you have a procedure you'll cross examine your result 50 trillion times.  You may succumb to hair greed and want more.  Once you decide to proactively change your appearance you will never be happy going halfway.  That said, I would spend more money up front and go with a top surgeon assuming you have the money and the donor hair to pull it off.  Dont base your decision on what you look like today,  Imagine what you will look like in ten years.  Get very educated, get well evaluated and choose wisely.  Hope for the best but be ready in case the ride gets bumpy.  One procedure may do it for you but dont count on it.  Good luck...  Once you enter the Matrix, their is no going back.

• Like 1