Turkey FUE 3400 Grafts . Almost 1 month

• 1 month later...

Here it is a month later. Seems like the shock loss is almost not in shock anymore. That was an adventure. Thanks again for the positive words. They were much appreciated ! 

I hope mine will be a helpful case to show people discovering or nervous about recovery from shock loss. 

Next is to see how the transplanted area fills in over the next while. 

265E4BBD-EE94-455A-8B93-D844B2C098A4.jpeg

8D4598E1-7E7E-4D6A-9755-8D8D3C9A067D.jpeg

9FA9AEE6-BDCA-4E39-8C67-BF4DF7A0ACA7.jpeg

757D2DCE-0D5E-4BC1-B43A-AB790493A0DE.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Now it has been 8 months. Here are some photos to show growth over time.  Even though it’s not as thick as the sides, a) it’s fun to have hair again where there wasn’t any before b) still glad the sides filled back in. 

I’m curious to see how much it can grow. 

55616D9F-7158-441D-A85B-AC6BCC1D27A3.jpeg

0D4C4A95-97DC-47FE-8B87-E3CE263080B5.jpeg

2C0D0C00-010E-426F-A1C8-E569A66B8E17.jpeg

906E2CF1-B960-4B6D-AF43-6D788D08E59E.jpeg

A14447B6-C28F-4252-9971-F5F6744AD880.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 10/22/2020 at 10:46 AM, Hairtodaybacktomorrow said:

The surgery was performed “under the auspices” of Servet Terziler Since it was his hospital. There was a doctor who made the hairline, and one who came in to make the incisions for the grafts to be placed. Neither of them were him because they were female. I think it was a doctor doing the FUE but can’t remember because it was all a little much at that point and I was not conscious. As far as installing the grafts, that was done by nurses/techs . There was a team of three. Sometimes they rotated and sometimes, it was just one of them. I thought they had impressive patience. 

Thanks for the medicine recommendation, maybe it could help things regrow but then I may want to stop after six months. From what I understand about DHT blocking medicine like this is that after 7 days, it would be out of my system and things would go back to whatever normal is for that moment. It does seem like it’s main function is to Possiblyprevent more hair from falling rather than to grow anew. 

As far as possible sexual side effects... well, seems that only happens in 5% of patients suffer those so I’d hope that I’m done with the 5% lottery here and there wouldn’t be any issue.  Both the guy who suggested Esteworld and a friend of his take proscar and say it’s been fine for them. I’m just not super excited about taking meds of any kind but this does seem an unusual situation. 

I brought some proscar back just in case... Wish they would make those 5mg pills easier to cut into 4. If I can get a system to cut them into somewhat even pieces, I’m thinking to perhaps begin and run until I see some improvement. 

I’ll be sending the clinic my one month photos at the end of the weekend and will list questions and observations to them as well. Their responses are encouraging but shorter and in broken English.

I’m happy you guys are here. Thanks very much for being here and helpful!  

Hello. How was your experience with Dr. Servet Terzilers team? I am speaking with the clinic he oversees and they recently gave me the option of having him do the procedure vs another doctor but they will not know who the doctor is at the moment. But wanted to see how your experience was. I know you described it pretty thoroughly here but now that it has been 3 years, wanted to see if you were happy with the results and would recommend I go through with this doctor.

It was a surreal experience and I'm really glad I did it. I smile about it when I look in the mirror and enjoy the laughs sharing the story. I'm happy with the results and their aftercare support though whatsapp has was pretty great considering they are in another country. I'm glad everything worked out and I'll never know how much was good luck and how much was medical expertise. Either way, I'm thankful and appreciate that those performing the procedure on me were competent. Also, thanks to the support, encouragement and laughs from the people on this forum. 

I don't have anything to compare my experience with and I know this was another country where rules, regulations and standards are different.... A couple things I might suggest you check in with them about:: 

1) See if you can get them to have non smokers working with you. One of the techs who worked on me had been smoking and I didn't appreciate the smell on his hands 

2) Make sure you get a comfortable chair... My back was on the list of things sore after being in that chair all day. 

3) See if you can get good access to English speakers ... Nobody in the room with me spoke and then when I had to try to find an interpreter... they didn't speak the best english either. 

I've been keeping it short these days. When I let it grow out too much then I feel like it's not as thick as I'd like it but it looks great clean cut. It's really fun to have hair again and a story I will never forget. 

Also, another tip regardless of who you go through. I suggest taking a few days to recover in Istanbul before heading back. I stayed at a few different airbnbs and really appreciated the rest after. Feel free to PM with anymore questions.

Edited by Hairtodaybacktomorrow

• Valued Contributor

@j_abouassii would say there are better alternatives and all are not so lucky like the OP that they would end up being happy....though its your head and it should be your decision but i just thought to ask you to do some more research and get yourself educated about HT process and pro and cons of it and also about good surgeons before laying your head under some hands....i hope this helps you...best of luck 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023