FUT performed by Dr Vikram Jayaprakash at the Knudsen clinic + my hair loss journey

MM2020

Hey mate, great write up, and great results so far. Congratulations!

I'm also in melbs, my story sounds like yours. Very extensive family history of loss on both sides, and I'm a bit hesitant about going overseas.

I didn't know we had many reputable surgeons on aus, but Vikram seems like he pumps out some solid procedures. 

Happy growing :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2021 at 1:11 AM, HelpfulFriend said:

Hey mate, great write up, and great results so far. Congratulations!

I'm also in melbs, my story sounds like yours. Very extensive family history of loss on both sides, and I'm a bit hesitant about going overseas.

I didn't know we had many reputable surgeons on aus, but Vikram seems like he pumps out some solid procedures. 

Happy growing :)

Check out mine if you haven't already

Hey all. its been over a year now since I got the transplant. Really happy with the results. The texture is still a bit wiry and the hair is a bit darker than the native hair but I'm hoping that resolves over the next few years as the hairs gradually fall out and grow back. 247103205_1682345071962622_8945034899959559274_n.thumb.jpg.9d383f4bd0ee3dc5e0ca050710b0c0bb.jpg

On 10/29/2021 at 10:05 AM, MM2020 said:

Hey all. its been over a year now since I got the transplant. Really happy with the results. The texture is still a bit wiry and the hair is a bit darker than the native hair but I'm hoping that resolves over the next few years as the hairs gradually fall out and grow back. 247103205_1682345071962622_8945034899959559274_n.thumb.jpg.9d383f4bd0ee3dc5e0ca050710b0c0bb.jpg

I found the same with mine, certainly darker and more wiry, hopefully that goes away but it's probably unlikely

I'm in the same boat as you were in the beginning. I am considering Dr Knudsen in Sydney, he quoted 1000 grafts and everyone is telling me to go overseas and drop Australia.

Their website has almost no good photos so it's so hard to know what to expect.

By any chance, do you know how similar the results Dr V produces are to Dr Knudsen?

Edited by _lshy

@NDAustralia yeah, ive been looking on real self and a lot of the surgeons on there say it can typically resolve but can take anywhere from 2-4 years as hair needs to cycle through the different phases. But yeah on some hair transplant surgeon's websites they suggest that the texture difference can be permanent. Either way its a dramatic improvement for me and a small price to pay. I am yet to have a followup with the doctor due to covid though, so will see what he says. 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 6:32 PM, _lshy said:

I'm in the same boat as you were in the beginning. I am considering Dr Knudsen in Sydney, he quoted 1000 grafts and everyone is telling me to go overseas and drop Australia.

Their website has almost no good photos so it's so hard to know what to expect.

By any chance, do you know how similar the results Dr V produces are to Dr Knudsen?

I'd say Knudsen is more conservative than Vikram and wouldn't use him personally.

There's a good surgeon working for Gro clinics in QLD called Dr Ruk

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Returd said:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! This thread was handy for me. I'm just thinking about doing a similar operation for myself. However, I'm not sure that I have enough money to carry it out and maintain my hair in good condition. Some friends advised me to buy health insurance that would cover part of the costs. I even found a website that talks about  Do you think your operation was worth it? Are you satisfied with the result? It seems that I will be dissatisfied, and as a result, there will be a feeling of wasted money.

So many things about this particular post.........Glad you're here. Hopefully you can take some useful info from it. 

Medigap and similar coverage does not cover elective surgery.  

What I really liked about this was the fact you asked....."Do you think your operation was worth it?" If the work was good...I am sure it was.  If bad - probably the worse thing I ever did." It all goes back to making sure you choose the right place and you ask the right questions.  "Where did you learn to do transplants?" This is key.

Money and regionality are important. But should not be the main factors when considering a hair transplant. 

From a consultant's perspective - it is all about education.  Daily I get calls, "How much is it?" As soon as you quote a number, Bang? (Hangs up).  The patient will continue calling places until they hear what the want to hear.  No research whatsoever.  ASK and dig deeper.  

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
removed spam link

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.