FUT performed by Dr Vikram Jayaprakash at the Knudsen clinic + my hair loss journey

MM2020

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Rui I cant feel or see the scar. I don't wear my hair short though. I asked my hairdresser a couple of days ago if they could find it and they didn't really notice it at all. He also said the hairline looks really natural and a lot better than some of the other ones that he has seen come through. I am pretty happy with it all 

• Like 1

• Administrators

It’s growing in nicely, keep us updated.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

6 month update. its getting quite a bit of density now and length. I no longer feel any insecurity about my hair, which has been great. I am at about 70% of my growth apparently. I also notice that this hair doesnt have the same texture as my non-transplanted hair. I have been told this will change over the next few years. 

169917508_453518545872359_3291198892257181074_n.jpg

167923759_558036638494746_7057235519229666080_n.jpg

168822420_246115147216212_4993174316566110758_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow mate - that looks unreal. Such a great result and so quick also.  The lack of that insecure feeling must be wonderful.  Congrats again mate - looking forward to seeing the full year result

yes, I am extremely happy with the result. I have my follow up consult early next month. I am sure he will be very happy with the results so far. 

@Gatsby current regime:
finasteride 1mg at night
minoxidil dermarolled at night

1mg of oral minoxidil at night
wash my hair 2-3x weekly with nizoral

Edited by MM2020

• 2 months later...

Dang, for only 1200 grafts this is a stellar result. Your hair  grew in such a short time and very well. I saw you had Regenera done with your procedure. Do you contribute any of your early grown and overall success to it? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@bostonguy I cant say for certain whether it helped or not all I know is I had growth a lot earlier than many others and have really good density, so I assume a lot of my grafts survived etc. I did some basic research and a lot of clinics use PRP with the hair transplant. I see its the gold standard in Korea etc. So the use of regenera seemed like it would at least be on par with PRP. I think its fairly new though, so I guess time will tell with more research. 

@alexandros1977 tbh, I have had a lot of surgeries before and this one is very minor. I felt absolutely fine the next day. I only told a few close people. My housemate didn't even realise and still doesn't know I've had it. But yeah its normal to feel nervous, especially if you haven't had any surgeries before. 

well during the procedure I felt like they didn't use enough local. Don't be shy to ask for a lot of local, as you shouldn't feel anything at all. 

make sure you know exactly what hairline you would like and talk to him about it. Consider both vertical and horizontal recession. I asked him to fill in the hair on the sides as well. I watched a lot of this youtuber. He got me thinking not only about filling in the area but also the design of the hairline https://www.youtube.com/c/hairliciously

Get used to sleeping on your back. if this is something you struggle with maybe invest in a one of those post surgery pillows. 

try not to be too active during the first 3 days. this is when the grafts can fail. just try to relax at home if you can. 

Grow your fringe out a bit so you can hide the graft site as this is pretty ugly post surgery. 

feel free to DM me if you have any questions. 

Its honestly a life changing procedure. I would do it again in a heartbeat and I am extremely happy with my results. I will post a 1 year update next month and give some more details. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Good density, happy for you mate.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.