Need advice

After 8 months of very poor growth and low graft yield, I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that my HT Is likely a failure.

The amount of grafts implements vs the amount of coverage does just not add up.

If I inspect it upclose, it looks like theres a 30-50% yield with a lot of gaps in the middle. It's come to a point where if i don't coat myself in toppik, I actually look patchy/bald.

The assistant of the surgery has offered a free touch up which i'm really grateful about, speaks volume about their clinic.

Only problem is I live in Australia and I have no clue as to when they will be allowing international travel to resume.

I have 2 options, I can wait and hope that international travel resumes or I can go to a local.

Only issue is I've seen no patient reviews on any Australian clinics. Aside from being financially drained from my first HT, the clinic offers a payment plan which is decent enough.

I know that waiting for 12 months would be more appropriate but I can't deal with the anxiety of facing this ordeal every morning, I'm in a worse state than I was prior to my HT and I just want to move on with my life..

Btw the Australian clinic is called "the crown clinic", it's in Sydney.

Edited by Guano

• Valued Contributor

Hi Guano. I too live in Australia (Melbourne) and I am sorry to hear about how you feel about your results at this stage. Did the clinic say why the yield is at 30-50%, etc? If you end up deeming the result as a failure then I would seriously think about the risks of having another hair transplant with your finite donor with them again. Also I would forget about a surgical procedure with anyone in Australia as harsh as that sounds. I've had consultations with probably all of them and none of them came up to tick any boxes. Some were actually an embarrassment to the profession. You only get one chance at this and this procedure is for life. Everyday for the rest of your life when you look in the mirror you will be reminded of who you chose to do your surgery. If it means you have to wait before you can travel over seas then that is a small price to pay for the rest of your life. I had to live with 'plugs' and later on I had to live with scars that required 4 or 5 surgeries in an attempt to improve the scars. A week out of your life and a return flight to Canada, USA or America is nothing in the big picture. I too am waiting on the travel ban to lift so I can begin my hair transplant/s. All the best mate!

• Like 1

Hi

I hear what your saying, but it’s difficult to see what you mean without pictures. Would you be able to provide us with pics? Also the amount of grafts etc? 
You will see improvements up to and perhaps beyond 12 months in a lot of cases. 
It’s great the Clinic are standing by you and offering a free touch up if needed. 

Hi

I have seen the post you made regarding your actual FUE transplant. I agree it’s not looking too good for 8 months out. 1500 isn’t a massive amount of grafts but you should be showing a better and denser result at this stage.

yes you have some months to go but you can get a pretty good idea from this point.

Be interesting to hear what the Drs explination might be?