Chemicals and hair transplant damage

hello everyone , i heard that chemicals can cause damage to a hair transplant. I smelt an open bottle of hertel thinking that it was filled up with water (we use to use it as a push push for water) i was also around the smell of vinegar.  Can smell hurt hair grafts ? I am 2 months post op. 

Thank you everyone

Edited by andrew11

• Moderators

No. It's not going to matter. You are fine. I don't know what hertel is, but anything that can do damage would have to be spilled onto the grafts for any chance of doing any damage and even then it probably wouldn't matter unless you kept it on the grafts for an extended time or if the grafts were touching some chemicals somewhat regularly. It would have to be something very strong to damage your grafts with a one time spill on them.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

3 hours ago, BeHappy said:

No. It's not going to matter. You are fine. I don't know what hertel is, but anything that can do damage would have to be spilled onto the grafts for any chance of doing any damage and even then it probably wouldn't matter unless you kept it on the grafts for an extended time or if the grafts were touching some chemicals somewhat regularly. It would have to be something very strong to damage your grafts with a one time spill on them.

For example something like vinegar as well ? Nothing of scent can harm hair grafts that are relatively new ?

14 hours ago, andrew11 said:

Can smell hurt hair grafts ? I am 2 months post op. 

As long as your doc and his assistants weren't bathing your grafts in chemicals before they put them under your skin your fine. But even at 2 months ...smells can still hurt your chance with the ladies. :D

12 minutes ago, ciaus said:

As long as your doc and his assistants weren't bathing your grafts in chemicals before they put them under your skin your fine. But even at 2 months ...smells can still hurt your chance with the ladies. :D

Lol ok ok i see , but i have been told chemicals can interfer with graft growth and believe or not i am concerned ! Thefore it is a serious question

Applying hair color that is peroxide based can harm newly implanted grafts but not smelling it...😉

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY