Is this plan of 4000-4500 grafts too much ?

Hi all,

I have been quoted 2000-2500 grafts for my case from clinics that are really good and that I respect. I want to choose them. However I have just received a plan for almost twice that amount (4000-4500 grafts) from Asmed clinic (see attached picture of illustrated surgical plan). 

Would this be appropriate for my case. My goals are as follows: 

1. lower the fronto-temporal area and fill in the temples. 
2. add more density at the front behind the hairline.

3. Add density to the crown. 

Based on my attached pictures, what is the appropriate graft count needed?

I just want to do all I can to get an optimal result with good density, so I want to make sure I’m not getting less grafts than I could otherwise. 

E0EB41BF-E384-4DA0-8DB6-22E7871EE54D.jpeg

B48C5ADA-A4CD-46A5-935C-A951F217169D.jpeg

2450D4E9-4ED3-4275-BBF5-54B97FC5983E.jpeg

0489BC59-15A4-4505-8DBE-1B2B4F30C6C7.jpeg

97E250F7-3AD4-409E-8713-04D7E024A2DF.jpeg

Edited by Desroy1

2500 for the front seems like a lot. I’d go with your gut on this one. Asmed recently got removed from recommendation here so interpret that as you will. I’ve *heard* they do a lot of graft splitting which is why their numbers are so high. 

I’d say asmed def uses higher graft numbers than most 

The more they implant, the more they earn, in fact at Asmed I always see large numbers.

ah ... by the way, I forgot, this my comment on Koray in the Italian forum, would have already been censored and I banned.

Edited by Egy

11 hours ago, Egy said:

The more they implant, the more they earn, in fact at Asmed I always see large numbers.

ah ... by the way, I forgot, this my comment on Koray in the Italian forum, would have already been censored and I banned.

Makes sense. Thank you. I do like the hairline plan/ design though. 

The mentioned respected clinics are Eugenix in India and Dr. Demirsoy in Turkey. Yes I don’t have an infinite budget, but I still want to choose a quality place. I am not choosing these clinics only based on price. I’ve consulted with a few considerably more expensive clinics and was not satisfied with their before/afters. 

I am leaning toward Eugenix. They have excellent results and show very thorough before-after videos. The doctor also took a phone call with me and explained a lot of things in detail (potential for shock loss, etc). 

I am waiting to hear back from her to see if she could execute Asmed’s proposed hairline design with the 1000 grafts she initially proposed for the front. I’m thinking a little more will be needed. She also only proposed 500 to the crown. 

I know it’s good to be conservative, but this surgery does actually require quite a bit of down time considering your hair will be short/ unnatural looking for months. So I want the procedure to be worth it. I want good density. 

Edited by Desroy1

@Desroy1 Well, but if you took a look at Asmed, which with 4000 grafts would not be cheap at all, at this point, you could also look at H&W, maybe with less grafts (which you certainly won't need so many) you would come to  spend the same amount, with the difference that at H&W you would be safe because they are the best in the world.

1 hour ago, Egy said:

@Desroy1 Well, but if you took a look at Asmed, which with 4000 grafts would not be cheap at all, at this point, you could also look at H&W, maybe with less grafts (which you certainly won't need so many) you would come to  spend the same amount, with the difference that at H&W you would be safe because they are the best in the world.

This ^if you had money for 4k with ASMED which is a ridiculous quote for your case btw. You could afford another top clinic with a more  realistic graft count for your level of loss H&W is a great shout.  It might also be worth looking into some of the Belgium clinics or HLC. 

Edited by Mr S

3 hours ago, Egy said:

Yes, it's true, HLC would be a great alternative, H&W are the top and rightly so much more expensive.

HLC said they could do the proposed hairline for “maybe a little less” than 2500 grafts to the front. So maybe it’s not that high a graft count ?

Edited by Desroy1