New 7 Month update on my 1300 grafts!!!

damo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Damo,

A little hard to tell from the photo's but looks good to me, a shot from above would be great. Im 3.5 months post from Dr White in Melbourne. I had to make the choice between White and Martenick. From my research I concluded both could offer a similar result, and went with White more for the convenience.

Contrary to many people's opinion's on this forum im very happy with my results so far. My hairline has grown back very close to what it was and the density is excellent. I have read all the horror stories on the forum, perticularly the ~parable~ experience. I only discovered the forum a couple of days after my HT.

Considering where you were going and where you are now I reakon you should be very happy, not to mention the fact that you would still have some serious growth for the next few months.

I will be interested to see how its going so keep up the pics, I too will post some at 6 months.

Best Wishes

qvarnis

At about 6 months out, it is a very general rule that you have around 60% growth or so. So yes, I think that you will see some more.

I take MSM with great success. 3000 mg perday. It has sped up my hair growth and made my skin and nails look better.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

I can vouch for MSM too. Take 3000 mg each day. Best to take 1000 mg 0 to 10 minutes before each meal (instead of other times) to avoid the burning stomach feeling that can happen with it.

It took about 2 or 3 weeks to kick in, but my hair and nails appear to grow at least 50% faster. Not sure if it will help the transplants start to grow sooner, but when they do start growing I'm expecting it to come on strong.

Nice one,

Mate that latest pic gives a much better perspective, I can see why your wrapped, Im hoping for a similar result. Got to love the feeling of freedom that comes with a result like that. You got to get out to some clubs and start bustin some moves on the hotties, ha haaaa.

All good.

qvarnis

That is Australian Dollars so if you are working in American dollars its not far of 4000-5000 American dollars.Evereybody is different depending on how many grafts they require.The money wasnt a problem for me as i wanted a good surgeon and permenant results.I would have spent more need be ,im just so happy that these days there are cures for baldness.

Actually AU$10000 is over US$7000 these days at current exchange rates, which is certainly a lot for 1300 grafts by any means. However, Australian doctors seem to be able to get away with charging more than the Canadians. That said, 10% of damos money would have been GST. I'm also about to pay just over that ($11300 Australian) for 2000 grafts or thereabout from Barry White, and thats after discount for being a doctor myself. I hope my experience is as positive as that of qvaris.

Dr Fuzzy,

You can also claim a 20% rebate back from the government which based on $10,000 is about $2000 roughly.But yes as you said the GST has a big part to play in it.Is this your first procedure your having done? Did you see my before and after pictures? Its been 6 months for me now and im wrapped.

Damo

Damien:

From what I can see from the photo, your results look great, especially given it is only six months. At this stage you should have a pretty good idea what is forthcoming. However, what you have will grow thicker and longer and blend in even better. I know because I had 1500 back in March. My recession was similar to yours: in the front & center of my forehead and it drove me crazy; even though friends said in confidence it was not that bad. Well guess what: I predict based on the sythesis of your photos and my similar situationicon_redface.gifutcome, you are going to have a pretty solid forelock to style and give character. Even if you were to have paid twice the price, you're seeing it is the best investment you may have ever made. These are probably going to be the best couple of months you've had in awhile. And after the bane of hair recession, we deserve a little euphoria, eh? Anyway, if you have any questions, please drop me a line. Egm157@aol.com

Regards,

Matt

This is my before and after pictures of me after having performed 1300 grafts in the front to mid scalp region.Please tell me what you think either on the forum or email me at damo666@westnet.com.au

Damien