2 day back to back operation DHI downsides?

I have gotten a quote for DHI for 2 day back to back operation to do my hairline and crown area. They estimate around 5000 grafts.

Since DHI takes longer they can not do both in one day.

I very much want to do everything at once, instead of waiting a year for the next operation and having to wait 2 years for a complete result.

Now I wonder if there are any downsides by doing this?

I personally had 2 day surgery for only 3659 grafts. It took full 2 days from 7:30am to 5:30pm.

I've seen some clinics having approach where tech is extracting and almost immediately after surgeon in implanting. In this way they can do quite a lot of grafts in one day.

Although It seems like you're rushing a bit into having full set of hair and forgetting the possible "side effects". What would happen if you were extract and implant 5000 grafts in one surgery and 50% of them won't grow? You just lost 2500 grafts with no return.

"slowest" approach is always better to stay on a safe side. Even in the best hands things like that can happen due to patient physiology. Also worth noting, if extractions are made in a rushed way you have higher chance to get overharvested and have higher transection rate. Your donor is like gold., treat it as such.

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

7 minutes ago, Rolandas said:

I personally had 2 day surgery for only 3659 grafts. It took full 2 days from 7:30am to 5:30pm.

I've seen some clinics having approach where tech is extracting and almost immediately after surgeon in implanting. In this way they can do quite a lot of grafts in one day.

Although It seems like you're rushing a bit into having full set of hair and forgetting the possible "side effects". What would happen if you were extract and implant 5000 grafts in one surgery and 50% of them won't grow? You just lost 2500 grafts with no return.

"slowest" approach is always better to stay on a safe side. Even in the best hands things like that can happen due to patient physiology. Also worth noting, if extractions are made in a rushed way you have higher chance to get overharvested and have higher transection rate. Your donor is like gold., treat it as such.

Why would it not grow the first time vs doing it at a later date?

6 minutes ago, Foobar said:

Why would it not grow the first time vs doing it at a later date?

There can be some underlying conditions that preventing hair to grow. In such cases Dr. would advise to get biopsy and to see what's the problem. This is very rare, but can happen.
Also worth mentioning that yield can be smaller due to surgical skill + hair characteristics.

There's no guarantees in HT. Stay on a safe side.

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.