Hair loss

ITA

For a month now, then from the eighth month after the transplant, I continue to see the hair fall in this quantity as in the photo after washing it, and as many during the day every time I comb.  Although many forum members say that losing up to 100 hairs a day is normal, I am very worried because I am not convinced that you lose in such quantities, but there are many that grow back, in fact, I see myself very thin compared to the sixth /  seventh month post transplant.

6F3DB080-7200-488C-B042-505464F6533E.jpeg

That's 15.  Not hair loss, this is shedding and it's normal.

What medical therapy are you doing?

Over stressing can only lead to other issues. Stop it.  

I do want you to look at the photo of the 15 hairs and notice each strand and color. Can you see some are ticker, (and darker) than others? This is miniaturization. That's hair loss.  Eventually this leads to very fine hair that does not seem to grow any more. Eventually it disappears - never to return.  The time to be on meds is before the hair is gone.

• Thanks 1

@LaserCap thanks for answer.

3 hours ago, LaserCap said:

That's 15.  Not hair loss, this is shedding and it's normal.

15 are only those that I found in the comb after washing them, those that fell during the shampoo and therefore after the rinse I could not count them, but I assure you they were as many, to which must be added those that I find in the comb during the day every time I comb them.

What medical therapy are you doing?

I take saw palmetto, multivitamins and biotin every day.

I do want you to look at the photo of the 15 hairs and notice each strand and color. Can you see some are ticker, (and darker) than others

The difference in color I think depends on the fact that the darker ones are the transplanted ones, while the thinner ones are the hair I already had on my head.

3B720AC0-5124-476C-8DCE-3AD8752E7472.jpeg

Edited by Egy

• Administrators

It could be a seasonal shed, take a look at this article. Studies show that shedding is at a maximum in the middle of summer, which is now.

https://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/seasonal-hair-shedding-not-hair-loss-studies-show/3453

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Why pay to advertise when you can just hijack a thread?  Way to go Silax - looking forward to all your helpful posts.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.