after transplant should i use suplements / oils / minoxidil ?

okay guys i just had a second transplant , first one didnt do me any good i had huge area to cover and some of the grafts didnt survived
why they didnt survived i have no idea maybe i did something wrong

i dont want to do any mistake now on the second one 

what i am not sure is should i be putting minoxidil after the hair transplant , if yes after what time and is it safe if i use it only on transplanted area lets say 3 months or 6 months and then stop?

oils , i have 2 of them black castor and some cactus oil that say that are rich in vitamins that help growth

anyone that went through all this can you share how you did it ?

Edited by mite_jan

You should be more concerned that you are going to a great surgeon. No vitamins, supplements or medicine will make your grafts grow if you went to an unethical or unskilled surgeon. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sam818 said:

You should be more concerned that you are going to a great surgeon. No vitamins, supplements or medicine will make your grafts grow if you went to an unethical or unskilled surgeon. 

that was not my question , i have already done the second transplant , are you suggesting not taking anything ?

Edited by mite_jan

Follow your surgeons instructions. He will tell you when and if to start minoxidil. As far as oils, lotions, etc they won’t do anything after your surgery other then possibly cause harm by clogging your pores. As far as supplements there’s nothing wrong with taking a good multivitamin and collagen supplements but that’s not going to drastically improve your chances for a good outcome. If it did, anyone can go to any cheap hair mill and save a ton of cash by slathering castor oil on their heads post op and taking msm and getting a great result.

29 minutes ago, Sam818 said:

Follow your surgeons instructions. He will tell you when and if to start minoxidil. As far as oils, lotions, etc they won’t do anything after your surgery other then possibly cause harm by clogging your pores. As far as supplements there’s nothing wrong with taking a good multivitamin and collagen supplements but that’s not going to drastically improve your chances for a good outcome. If it did, anyone can go to any cheap hair mill and save a ton of cash by slathering castor oil on their heads post op and taking msm and getting a great result.

every clinic gives different answers so i just wanted to compare with others to see 

they said suplements after 11 day  and other things after 1 month if i want

just checked quickly some of the stories and it doesnt look like the minoxidil makes the proccess faster , but i might be wrong

Edited by mite_jan

I have to say i found mixing a couple of drops of rosemary oil into an approx tea spoon size amount of Avocado oil appears to have really augmented my result up to date... I massage into scalp at night before bed on average 4 times a week... Its a real treat... Helped soften the beard hair grafts too.. To a point I can't tell the difference between scalp and beard 

what about biotin spray guys ,since there is a big hype about the biotin helping here , i am planning to take biotin multivitamin pills daily for sure should i combine with biotin spray or some biotin shampoo ? also jojoba oil ?

Dr. Wesley suggests low concentration Minoxidil solution may accelerate the healing process after a transplant. As for oils, I'd stay away. As long as you don't have any huge nutritional gaps in your diet, multivitamin's probably wont help much, but they also certainly wouldn't hurt so IMO a good food-based multivitamin with biotin is not a bad idea.