34 year old male, 1300 follicular unit grafts

This is a very subtle difference--the hairline looks better but the crown shows barely any difference. It looks like this patient is headed for a lot more hairloss. i wonder if such a low number procedure was prudent. i personally would have wanted a lot more grafts up front because it looks like that area could disappear rapidly...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Dr. Kabaker,

Wasn't this guy in the Titantic movie? Next thing we know, he'll be so happy with his results he'll stand at the head of a ship shouting "I'm the king of the world" :-)

Though the difference is subtle, his hairline definitely looks more refined. I also see a subtle difference in the crown as well.

Hopefully given his minimal hair loss at 34 and being on Propecia, he won't lose anymore hair. If he does, I trust he has plenty of donor hair in reserve for future procedures as needed.

Nice work!

Bill

Hopefully given his minimal hair loss at 34 and being on Propecia, he won't lose anymore hair. If he does, I trust he has plenty of donor hair in reserve for future procedures as needed.

Bill, look at this patient from the top view--you can clearly see a high nw pattern developing, at least a 4/5. you can also see loss has begun immediately behind the ht hairline (which i agree looks subtle, but nicely done). perhaps the length of his hair has obscured it a bit, but look more closely. also, wouldn't you agree that 34 is relatively young? i'm not saying this isn't good work, i just think his loss might progress quickly and if so this ht won't stand on its own and he'll need another...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

hairthere,

If you're targeting the fact that this patient may experience further loss, I agree that it's possible. However, given that only 1300 grafts were used, he has plenty of donor in reserve for future work if necessary.

Though 34 is still young, since he's on Propecia and has minimal loss so far, he may not advance to the advanced stages of balding. However, if he does, that's why long term planning and appropriate and conservative use of the available donor supply is important. It looks like Dr. Kabaker did just that.

Best wishes,

Bill